a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Suggestion on the change from free content to basic content

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

WolfChild
New in Town

Suggestion on the change from free content to basic content

Postby WolfChild » November 20th, 2008 4:24 am

Hello I've been using your site for a while to help with learning Japanese. Currently I'm taking a Japanese 101 class at my local college. I noticed that everything on the site that was once free is now Basic content. This change is fine with me, but since you now need to have a basic membership to even listen the Newbie lessons I think that maybe there should be a link or section for the stuff that you can access without the Basic subscription.

I personally have already listen to a lot of the Newbie lessons and am going to get a Basic subscription but if I was new to Japanese and new to this site I would be very upset that I couldn't access even one Newbie lesson without paying for it but I could still listen to the more advanced stuff and basically jump into the middle of it.

I just think that at least part of the Newbie lessons, maybe just the first season or something should be free so that people can get a better idea of how the Japanese lessons start without having to spend money.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Angela (WolfChild)

sailor_sisters
New in Town

Free Content Moved to Basic

Postby sailor_sisters » October 14th, 2010 7:17 pm

I agree with WolfChild in that I am a bit disappointed and annoyed that free members can no longer access most of the lessons we could previously access before the site changed. If I could upgrade to a Basic Membership I would most definitely, but I'm not in a position to do so at the moment and I don't see myself being able to upgrade any time soon. :( I liked how free members were able to get at least the lesson audio free and it was very much appreciated because of my financial situation. I LOVE JapanesePod101.com, but it is unfair to tease and lead one on and then take away like that. Sumimasen and gomenasai gozaimasu.

Join by May 6th
Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » October 15th, 2010 12:18 am

Just to clarify, the first poster is referring to a change that took place in 2008. Nothing has changed as far as Free/Basic content restrictions with the site renewal that took place a couple of days ago (not sure if that's what you were referring to). :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

sailor_sisters
New in Town

Postby sailor_sisters » October 15th, 2010 7:28 pm

Arigatoo for your reply, Jessi. I forgot to check to date it was posted :oops: Sumimasen. I do like the new site renewal. It is easier to get to find the lessons. and it's refreshing to be here. I did notice that (as a free member) there are many lessons that I cannot listen to that I could before the site changed, such as Newbie Lesson Season #4-30. I have Lessons 4-10 checked off because I listened to them before the site renewal but I cannot listen to them now as a free member. Do I now need at least a Basic to be able to access them?

radulfr
New in Town

Postby radulfr » October 16th, 2010 8:53 am

I have noticed this too. I used to be able to listen to older lessons if I didn't access them through their respective pages but instead opened them through the Learning Center. Now that you have combined the lesson pages and the Learning Center, I can only listen to the first three lessons of every season and the newest three lessons of the current seasons. I suppose that was the original intent anyway, but it wasn't properly inforced before this change. And yes, I am talking about the new change in 2010.

Anyway, I am now seriously thinking if I could spend some money to get a basic subscription, because sometimes I really need some information from the older lessons.

sailor_sisters
New in Town

Postby sailor_sisters » October 18th, 2010 8:22 pm

Yes, JapanesePod101.com definitely is the place to go for really good lessons. I had been searching for a long time to find a good japanese learning site and here is where I found it. I LOVED listening to the lessons and enjoyed them very much. Until I'm able to get a Basic subscription, I guess you could say I have to put my learning on hold for now. Hopefully it won't be long!

Return to “Feature Requests”