a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

manga in romaji

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Falconn
New in Town

manga in romaji

Postby Falconn » April 10th, 2010 2:15 pm

I doubt there would be any manga in romaji but, that would be awesome if it was... does anyone know any?

prometheus2003
New in Town

Postby prometheus2003 » April 10th, 2010 6:19 pm

Why don't you just learn kana? It's not very hard, and manga generally seems to include furigana to help with the kanji (although I actually have reading glasses to make out the characters sometimes, the print is very small lol).

Get 40% OFF
Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » April 10th, 2010 10:12 pm

You'd hope not... Simple manga have next to no kanji, and furigana is included anyway, so learning kana is definitely the best option. Not just for reading manga, but for standing any chance of going anywhere with the language. It really doesn't take very long. You'll realise how terrible romaji is after a while.

bluesiren747158
New in Town

Postby bluesiren747158 » November 12th, 2010 1:37 pm

If you are interested in learing Japanese, and or doing any reading you MUST learn hiragana/katakana. It won't take you long, I promise and the more you see them, the faster they'll come to mind, where you won't even have to think about it. It'll become second nature.

kraemder
New in Town

Postby kraemder » June 21st, 2011 3:24 pm

Javizy wrote:You'd hope not... Simple manga have next to no kanji, and furigana is included anyway, so learning kana is definitely the best option. Not just for reading manga, but for standing any chance of going anywhere with the language. It really doesn't take very long. You'll realise how terrible romaji is after a while.

this topic is dead but also not many posts... oh well

I can read romaji about as fast as I read English. It's so easy. The biggest thing about Romaji is that they put SPACES between the words. So much easier. If the Japanese would only put spaces it would make things so easier. And furigana... so small... seriously. No spaces, microscopic furigana, Asians must have bionic eye sight.

Return to “Japanese Anime & Manga”