a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Catch your own fish restaurant

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Eray
New in Town

Catch your own fish restaurant

Postby Eray » June 10th, 2009 10:07 pm

Last night I was watching a food show called "Onigiri Atatameru," that is rebroadcast her in Southern California on channel 18.2. Three people in a van travel around the countryside trying all sorts of different restaurants.

Last night's episode featured a restaurant I believe is somewhere in Hokkaido. A big building surrounds a replica of an wooden Japanese fishing boat sitting in an artificial pool of water. People sit at tables inside the boat and literally fish for their dinner. Fish swim in the pool around the boat and the customers try to catch them with small fishing poles. Once dinner is caught, the waiter comes up and asks them how they want it prepared (sashimi, grilled, etc.).

Unfortunately I couldn't make out the name or the exact location of the place. I hope someone recognizes or knows of the place from my post and can give me that information.

With appreciation for any reply.

Erick

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » June 11th, 2009 12:21 am

Hi Erayさん!

I looked up the show you were talking about and found its webpage!

http://www.htb.co.jp/onigiri/index.html

They have the restaurant information for each episode, but I couldn't tell what restaurant it was :? You can find a list of places that were featured in episodes aired in May (in Japan) here, and episodes from June here - restaurants featured in May and June are mostly in Hokkaido so it must be one of those. I hope you can find it! :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF
Eray
New in Town

Postby Eray » June 11th, 2009 4:37 am

Jessi wrote:Hi Erayさん!

I looked up the show you were talking about and found its webpage!

http://www.htb.co.jp/onigiri/index.html

They have the restaurant information for each episode, but I couldn't tell what restaurant it was :? You can find a list of places that were featured in episodes aired in May (in Japan) here, and episodes from June here - restaurants featured in May and June are mostly in Hokkaido so it must be one of those. I hope you can find it! :)

Thanks for the link to the website. I couldn't even find that.

I know there's a delay between what gets broadcast in Japan and what gets broadcast here, but I don't know the time frame. Most of the episodes seem to be set in Hokkaido as far as I can tell. I'll check out the website and see if I can spot the restaurant.

Thanks, again.

Erick

Eray
New in Town

Postby Eray » June 11th, 2009 4:48 am

I found the restaurant. Apparently the show was in Saitama for that episode and not Hokkaido. The restaurant is called "ZAUO." Here's their website:

http://www.zauo.com/index.html

The address for the restaurant they visited was:

The address is
3-10-10 Haematsu, Kawaguchi-city, Saitama.
Tel:048-287-4666

They apparently have restaurants in Fukuoka, Osaka, Tokyo, Aichi, Kanagawa, Iwate and Mie prefecture as well.

Again, thanks for the help.

Erick

taylorcrush1213950
New in Town

Postby taylorcrush1213950 » February 24th, 2011 12:54 am

Okay that restaurant looks awesome. I wish there was something in the states similar to that! I know we have hibacci and other things similar where they cook the food in front of you, but it would be so cool to catch it too! definitely a fun date (obviously if both people are into that). Anyways, I'm a restaurant junkie, and if anyone here makes it out to california, here are some of my favorite La Jolla Restaurants and Restaurants San Diego with the best food!
Enjoy!

visisl124984
Been Around a Bit

Postby visisl124984 » March 31st, 2011 2:05 pm

Been lookin for this one Thanks

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”