a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Speaking up for kawaiisou Peter

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Nickorific22
New in Town

Peter is awesome he is simply the best

Postby Nickorific22 » March 30th, 2008 9:26 pm

before I found out about japanesepod101.com I used to listen to audiocassettes so that I could learn Japanese. But that all changed once I found this website from the very first lesson. I listen to. I was instantly hooked and I think one of the main reasons was that Peter did and does such a great job with teaching the lessons that I didn't want to go back to audiocassettes. I think everyone here at japanesepod101 are so very wonderful and I just want to say thank you to Peter and the other voice actors that provide us with such fun and easy lessons. I hope that this website sticks around for a very long time.

Keep up the good work, everybody.
Sincerely yours.
Nick

maffa
New in Town

Postby maffa » October 20th, 2008 2:32 pm

Im in the middle of newbie S3 with rebekah and naomi, and i must say rebekah is a little bit stiff. I liked the idea of learnig japanese from audio lessons like these because they sounded like radio shows: it would be a pity if the "fun", "happy-go-lucky" talk part went lost. It is not just peter, it is a winner format. sealing the fun part on dialogues spoils the most effective part of them.

Get 40% OFF
ktnagel
New in Town

All the Hosts have their very special style

Postby ktnagel » November 29th, 2008 1:40 pm

Really, friends, dont be unjustful to Rebecca, or the still not mentioned Eric, and also the very good native speakers team. Some sessions sounded quite funny, some are more concentrated, but nearly all are very good.
Greetings from Germany
Thomas

madeducator
New in Town

More thanks to Peter...

Postby madeducator » December 16th, 2008 7:43 am

If it weren't for Peter, Sakura and Natsuko and then Yoshi and the rest of the original gang, I would never have been drawn to Japanesepod101. Their rapport helped make Jpod what it is today.

I do agree that the other teachers deserve a chance to find their niche. However, I also agree that was makes Japanesepod101 different from all the rest of the audio language programs is the feeling that you're among friends. The humor and learning in a relaxed, non-textbook style only serves to make the lessons more memorable. Japanesepod101 works, in my opinion, because it isn't just rote memorization. It's fun and engaging and inviting. Peter and the others make the listener feel welcome and at home. And, the writers... kudos to you writers too. Great dialogues make learning fun!

As long as the feel of it all stays the same I'll keep listening. I'm still in the 2006 lessons so I hope that Peter's presence hasn't been decreased too much in the more current ones.

In my opinion, if it works and it works really well, don't fix it. (Or the actual adage: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.)

mvogel
New in Town

Postby mvogel » January 12th, 2009 9:06 pm

I am not sure if I am right but I think that Peter either owns all of this pod101.com stuff or plays a very big part in all of this somehow so he might be very busy. I could be wrong but if you listen to all of the lessons, beginner, lower intermediate, intermediate, upper intermediate, etc. you get a picture that Peter is more than just a voice on the podcast. the other cast members have called him 社長 (しゃちょう) in the podcasts and have referred to him in such a way as to suggest that he is their boss. There is one lesson in particular where one of the cast members, during their normal back and forth, asks Peter's permission to take a vacation and another when a cast member ask Peter for a raise.

Again I could be wrong but if you take all of the comments made since the inception of the site and put them together the picture I get points to Peter as the man behind it all.

Neil53
Been Around a Bit

give them a chance!!

Postby Neil53 » January 14th, 2009 6:34 pm

Do you remember about a year ago when some were complaining about Peter? Now he is the bee's knee's!! Each person has their own strengths. Give the new teachers a chance to learn, grow, and for us to appreciate what they bring to the lessons.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Re: give them a chance!!

Postby Javizy » January 14th, 2009 8:48 pm

Neil53 wrote:Do you remember about a year ago when some were complaining about Peter? Now he is the bee's knee's!! Each person has their own strengths. Give the new teachers a chance to learn, grow, and for us to appreciate what they bring to the lessons.

What do you mean? Peter has been good at speaking Japanese since the start, and has always brought that extra invaluable "fun" element to the lessons. It's just his pronunciation/accent that people have criticised, which has also remained pretty constant since the beginning.

Neil53
Been Around a Bit

No argument.

Postby Neil53 » January 14th, 2009 10:14 pm

Please, Peter is great!! I was only giving an example of how everyone it seems at times has been the target of criticism. I am just encouraging all to be patient and look at strengths. :ooen: :hen:

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”