a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Where to find hair color?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Where to find hair color?

Postby untmdsprt » April 25th, 2008 9:52 am

I'm looking for brown hair color to cover my grays. I'm currently living in Yokohama, and don't know if any of the hair color kits will work. Can anyone tell me what I can use? I have thin medium brown hair for a white woman.

Thanks! Oh, please use hiragana, katakana and or kanji so I can find the product. Use of romaji is practicaly useless here in Japan!!

JonB
Expert on Something

Postby JonB » April 28th, 2008 2:16 am

most chemists ( くすりや 薬屋) seem to have it but not sure how good it is for western hair - should be ok as Asian hair being thicker is much harder to dye.

Alternatively most hair salons will be happy just to sell you product. Or try somewhere like Foreign Buyers Club. Other options could be places like CostCo or if you can get up to Tokyo there is an American Chemist in Maronouchi that could probably help out.

Get 40% OFF
untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » June 17th, 2008 2:40 am

Update: I did buy one of the Loreal products at Donki Hote, and while it didn't cover the grays, it didn't hurt my hair either. I left it on for 10 min though. The instructions said to leave it on for 20 min. I may try it for 20 min and see how it does.

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”