Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

A lesson about JapanesePod101

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

watermen
Expert on Something

Postby watermen » January 13th, 2008 10:52 pm

I always wonder where Jpod101 get all its idea. Don't you all run out of idea after having 600+ lessons?

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » January 14th, 2008 6:37 am

one thing i want to point about the pictures is a cultural difference.

westerners have no problem pasting their pictures all over the internet, but for most japanese that is 恥ずかしい. one example is that naomi-san refuses to allow her picture or video go up on the internet. she'd rather keep her privacy. alot of the other japanese staff feels the same way. so it's been difficult to get enthusiastic participation for the "about us page." (there's some behind the scenes for ya!)

i'm starting to see what you guys want and so far you've given me some pretty good ideas. keep 'em coming!
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Join by May 6th
Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » January 14th, 2008 6:49 pm

That's understandable about the pictures, although I wasn't sure if it was a "Japanese" thing after those ones of Sakura, since she's very... Japanese :lol: I suppose a bit of mystery never hurt anyone anyway :lol:

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 15th, 2008 12:41 am

Marky-san! :wink:

I think you mean self confidence right? Why are they so shy they don't look that way when they talk on the podcast. Maybe is work personality, anyway it's their privacy and we must respect. :)

I want to see more videos and interviews in Japanese with English subtitles! :idea:

watermen
Expert on Something

Postby watermen » January 15th, 2008 4:05 am

Agree, privacy should be respected if the person involved does not feel comfortable. But I really wish to see how Jpod101 lessons are being made. :D

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » January 15th, 2008 5:38 pm

シンディーさん, it's not self-confidence. it's cultural. but don't worry, you've asked and you shall receive...

watermenさん、i'm already on it. i've laid out the framework for a behind the scenes style lesson.

you guys have asked and got me worked up enough to try it!
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » January 16th, 2008 10:11 am

やった!楽しみにしています!

MichaelMcDonald
Been Around a Bit

Cultural viewpoints

Postby MichaelMcDonald » February 26th, 2008 5:01 am

I'd be very interested in hearing a "History of Peter" story on why he originally came to Japan, what made him stay, and his opinions on Japanese culture from a foreigner's viewpoint. His comments about life in Japan in the lesson dialogues are always interesting.

Also - maybe this is too edgy for japanesepod101, but I'd especially be interested in hearing Peter's (and others') opinions about the "Otaru onsen lawsuit" and the guy "Debito Arudou". I don't know if this is a taboo subject or not, but it sounds really interesting. Maybe it's been discussed here already - I haven't searched for it yet.

M.

josiah
Expert on Something

Re: Cultural viewpoints

Postby josiah » February 26th, 2008 12:14 pm

MichaelMcDonald wrote:I'd be very interested in hearing a "History of Peter" story on why he originally came to Japan, what made him stay, and his opinions on Japanese culture from a foreigner's viewpoint. His comments about life in Japan in the lesson dialogues are always interesting.

Also - maybe this is too edgy for japanesepod101, but I'd especially be interested in hearing Peter's (and others') opinions about the "Otaru onsen lawsuit" and the guy "Debito Arudou". I don't know if this is a taboo subject or not, but it sounds really interesting. Maybe it's been discussed here already - I haven't searched for it yet.

M.

i second that.
i would very much be interested in something like that :)
あなたの敵を許しなさい。だが、その名前は決して忘れるな

デスノートにお前の名前書くぞ!!

watermen
Expert on Something

Postby watermen » February 26th, 2008 4:36 pm

I third the above suggestion. I am very interested to know about Peter's decision to live in Japan. I would also like to have a lesson on Marky too, why he choose to work and live in Japan.

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » February 26th, 2008 5:25 pm

peter might be down for it... maybe interview-style....
i'll ask him tomorrow. 8)

as for me...
i'm more of a sit down and discuss it over a beer kinda guy. i feel embarrassed talking about myself too much, so i guess i could field questions interview-style. but i don't know what's interesting about me for other people unless they ask questions... i guess i'm a bit humble... :oops:
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

watermen
Expert on Something

Postby watermen » February 26th, 2008 6:04 pm

markystar wrote:peter might be down for it... maybe interview-style....
i'll ask him tomorrow. 8)

as for me...
i'm more of a sit down and discuss it over a beer kinda guy. i feel embarrassed talking about myself too much, so i guess i could field questions interview-style. but i don't know what's interesting about me for other people unless they ask questions... i guess i'm a bit humble... :oops:

Ha..just tell all your fans here why you go to Japan? What motivated you? How is your lifestyle there? How is it different from US? How Japanese people view you there? How did you learn Japanese? Your most interesting moment in Japan and Jpod101? you most embarrassing moment in Japan and Jpod101? And everything but be answered in Japanese. we would like to hear you speaking Japanese.

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » February 26th, 2008 6:31 pm

just tell all your fans

hahahaha, thanks, i don't think i have any fans...
but... i'll give it a shot. i'll give you a little japanese too... でも、まだ生徒でちょっと恥ずかしいんですよ。
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » February 26th, 2008 8:57 pm

markystar wrote:
just tell all your fans

hahahaha, thanks, i don't think i have any fans...

Guess again.

Awww Yeaaah.

kitty-chan
Established Presence

Postby kitty-chan » February 27th, 2008 12:32 am

Guess again.

Awww Yeaaah.

And tell us why you never use capital letters :lol: :wink: :lol:
Last edited by kitty-chan on February 27th, 2008 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”