a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Any New Zealand Listeners?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

honoraryasian
New in Town

Any New Zealand Listeners?

Postby honoraryasian » August 3rd, 2007 11:27 pm

I have listened to over 100 beginner lessons so far, learning from JPOD101.com is so good.
I'm a New Zealander so I jus wanna know, are there any people from NZ on this forum?
はじめまして、僕はカレブです。日本語がさいこうです。

KK63b
New in Town

Postby KK63b » August 16th, 2007 4:07 pm

Yep
Im a kiwi also...
I have been listening to JP101 for about a year now and it has really helped me out..
I first went to Japan last year in October an i was freaking out a bit, so i found JP101 on the pod casts, downloaded as much survival phrases as i could and it saved my bacon whilst i was there for 4 months...
backpacked 2 months..
snowboarded 2 months...
well sorry this reply is late because i have only decided today to register onto the site
stay safe
ka kite e hoa ma
KK

Get 40% OFF
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: Any New Zealand Listeners?

Postby Ulver_684 » August 24th, 2007 9:56 pm

honoraryasian wrote:I have listened to over 100 beginner lessons so far, learning from JPOD101.com is so good.
I'm a New Zealander so I jus wanna know, are there any people from NZ on this forum?

Welcome honoraryasian-san! :wink:

I really happy to have NZ listeners being such a beautiful country. 8) :wink:

honoraryasian
New in Town

Kai Ora

Postby honoraryasian » September 6th, 2007 3:19 am

So just one listener from NZ, cool as. I am finding it hard to grasp the idea of speaking in informal, basically I dont understand the conjugation. At the moment I am in a Boys High School in Auckland, I'm learning Japanese at school but it seems to go so slow... We learn all the basics like, where you go, eating, daily routine, time, classroom, housing, sports and hobbies etc. I plan to go to Japan this December for two months and study as a Senior High School student in Kisogawa, do you think that knowing informal is really important? じゃまた
はじめまして、僕はカレブです。日本語がさいこうです。

kiwial
New in Town

Postby kiwial » October 12th, 2007 2:32 pm

Another kiwi here, have been in Japan for a few years now and listen to JP101 on the way to work. Anyway to answer your question, learning informal is very important if you want to communicate with other students. I doubt they will be speaking formally amongst each other.

Good luck!

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » October 12th, 2007 2:54 pm

not a kiwi.. but i think for speaking informal, one quick way to almost get it is to take the formal phrase, and drop all the particles and all the polite forms of anything... what's left is gonna sound almost similar to the informal phrase.

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”