a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Favourite Intro

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Favourite Intro

Postby maxiewawa » July 27th, 2007 12:23 pm

After hearing today's intro, (from Lower Intermediate 34, Boyfriend) I was just blown away. I really loved it, it was short, sweet and most importantly, I understood it first go (something which always gets me excited when I hear Japanese). It also had a familiar 'punchline' at the end (Japanesepod101.com gets mentioned). Finally, it was a great primer for the lesson, which was about boyfriends. In case you didn't get it:

A: お父さん。カナダ人の女の子と結婚したいんだ。Otouosan. Kanadajin no onnano ko to kekkon shitainda. Dad. i want to marry a Canadian girl.
B: Badda-Boom. その娘は日本語がしゃべるんだろう~あ。Badda-Boom. Sono musume ha nihongo ga shaberundarou~a. Badda-boom. I assume that girl speaks Japanese.
A:大丈夫。Japanesepod101きかせるから。Daijoubu. Japanesepod101kikaserukara. No problem. (because) She listens to Japanesepod101.

I've always been more into learning things through natural conversation than memorising things... I might not have understood everything of a rambling conversation between Yoshi-sensei and Peter-sensei, but the little parts that I did pick up, I held onto immediately. I might listen to it 3 or 4 times, and finally piece together what the joke was all about. Contrast this with a lesson like Destruction Of Nature (Sorry, don't know what the date was) which was just a long speech... I didn't get so much out of that lesson, even though it was so popular.

i guess these intros are the exact antithesis of the 'Destruction Of Nature' lessons. The intros are short, social situations, and Destruction Of Nature was really long, and wasn't a social situation at all. I love all the intros but don't think I 'retained' any vocab from Destruction Of Nature at all. Kinda unfair that the intros are over so quickly! :(

My questions for everyone are
A) Do you like the intros as much as i do?
B) Do you prefer short, quick dialogues or long, drawn out speeches?

JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » August 12th, 2007 10:32 am

Wow, I can't believe no one has answered this post! I simply love the short intros, they just blew my mind the first time I heard them. It's more fun than just the regular intro, although I miss the "Ohayou [place]!"

Yeah, I think short dialogues are better than long speeches. Because I am having trouble catching them. I mean, those could be kept for the intermediate lessons. Right?

Get 40% OFF
untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » August 12th, 2007 1:36 pm

They're in the Newbie lessons too. I like to hear the new dialogues, but where are they written down so you can understand what is said?

JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » August 12th, 2007 3:03 pm

Do you mean the intros? They aren't, I think. Maxiewawa have tried to translate some in the comments for us.

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » August 12th, 2007 3:07 pm

I keep feeling like I'm missing something when I don't go in chronological order. I've been trying to listen to the newbie lessons, then go back to the beginner's. Sometimes I feel like I should listen to the intermediate ones in case I've missed something.

kitty-chan
Established Presence

My fave intro

Postby kitty-chan » November 6th, 2007 6:15 am

I can't remember my fave, they're all soooo funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There was one where Miki-san was hitting on some guy, that was funny. :shock: :shock: :shock:

And yesterday's Newbie Dojo was funny 11/5/07. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think there was a typhoon and Miki-san was a reporter. :kokoro: :kokoro: :kokoro:
A cow is blown away. Then Natsuko-san is blown away. :nihon: :nihon: :nihon:
It was pretty surreal. :niwatori: :niwatori: :niwatori:

http://www.japanesepod101.com/2007/11/0 ... le-you-19/

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: Favourite Intro

Postby Ulver_684 » November 14th, 2007 1:55 am

maxiewawa wrote:After hearing today's intro, (from Lower Intermediate 34, Boyfriend) I was just blown away. I really loved it, it was short, sweet and most importantly, I understood it first go (something which always gets me excited when I hear Japanese). It also had a familiar 'punchline' at the end (Japanesepod101.com gets mentioned). Finally, it was a great primer for the lesson, which was about boyfriends. In case you didn't get it:

A: お父さん。カナダ人の女の子と結婚したいんだ。Otouosan. Kanadajin no onnano ko to kekkon shitainda. Dad. i want to marry a Canadian girl.
B: Badda-Boom. その娘は日本語がしゃべるんだろう~あ。Badda-Boom. Sono musume ha nihongo ga shaberundarou~a. Badda-boom. I assume that girl speaks Japanese.
A:大丈夫。Japanesepod101きかせるから。Daijoubu. Japanesepod101kikaserukara. No problem. (because) She listens to Japanesepod101.

I've always been more into learning things through natural conversation than memorising things... I might not have understood everything of a rambling conversation between Yoshi-sensei and Peter-sensei, but the little parts that I did pick up, I held onto immediately. I might listen to it 3 or 4 times, and finally piece together what the joke was all about. Contrast this with a lesson like Destruction Of Nature (Sorry, don't know what the date was) which was just a long speech... I didn't get so much out of that lesson, even though it was so popular.

i guess these intros are the exact antithesis of the 'Destruction Of Nature' lessons. The intros are short, social situations, and Destruction Of Nature was really long, and wasn't a social situation at all. I love all the intros but don't think I 'retained' any vocab from Destruction Of Nature at all. Kinda unfair that the intros are over so quickly! :(

My questions for everyone are
A) Do you like the intros as much as i do?
B) Do you prefer short, quick dialogues or long, drawn out speeches?

Maxiewawa-san! :wink:

I personally like all the intros were Miki-san appears because I'm her true fan! :rock: :cool:

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”