a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Kanji practice for 200万人

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Tom
Established Presence

Kanji practice for 200万人

Postby Tom » August 6th, 2007 3:10 am

I searched the forum because I was sure that somebody would have written about this before, but I could not find anything. There are already threads on learning Japanese with a DS, but...

I just got back from Japan, and the day before my flight I finally got a chance to go to Akihabara in Tokyo, where I picked up this game in a Sofmap store: 200万人の漢検. It's kanji review and examination for native Japanese-speakers.

I just bought it so I have only put a few hours into it. I like it so far. Though the Japanese is largely over my head, the quiz/review sentences with kanji at my level have been simple enough to understand, and the interface easy enough to guess through. The way it displays your progress makes it seem as though mastering the kanji is just within reach, so it's quite motivating, too.

- Japan Amazon
- US Amazon
By the way, I made it to Japan

padrik
Established Presence

Postby padrik » August 6th, 2007 6:09 pm

Cool, I have been looking for something to practice with, Thanks.

Get 40% OFF
attwad
Been Around a Bit

Postby attwad » August 7th, 2007 11:39 am

If you liked this one, there's another one very similar: Tadashi Kanji Kakitorikun
You can see the review on Naruhodo! here:
http://naruhodojapan.blogspot.com/2007/05/japanese-learners-perspective-review-by.html
I've been using this for a month and even if you have the feeling to spend more time on the menu than drawing kanji it's still very pleasant :)
have fun!

Tom
Established Presence

Postby Tom » August 7th, 2007 5:35 pm

I read most of the kakitori game review you linked. I think the good part of that game is that it focuses on improving your writing. 200万人 uses handwriting recognition that doesn't care much about stroke order, positioning of the kanji, etc. It has games for testing that you can identify the number of a stroke, but the focus seems to be on recognition of the characters only.

Thanks for the link!
By the way, I made it to Japan

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”