a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Download all audio lessons at once?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

golwalkar
New in Town

Download all audio lessons at once?

Postby golwalkar » January 18th, 2008 11:34 am

Is it possible to download all audio lessons at once, may be in zipped format or somthing? It's really pain to go and download a single lesson at a time.

Snowfall
Been Around a Bit

Postby Snowfall » January 18th, 2008 1:11 pm

Not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but, as a Premium Member, I was able to get all the past lessons, dating back to December 2005. Once I was able to make peace between JPod and ITunes (long story :)), I was given the option to "Get All", meaning everything (and I mean everything) began loading onto my ITunes.

It was over 1,000 items :shock: (if you include all the PDFs, etc).

My biggest problem then was trying to figure out how to stop all the downloads. I finally figured it out. Now, I get the newest, most up-to-date items immediately and I can go back and download the past lessons in order as I need them.

Long story short, perhaps you have to be a Premium Member in order to do what you're trying to do?

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
golwalkar
New in Town

Postby golwalkar » January 18th, 2008 2:50 pm

Please pardon my ignorance but following that procedure did you get audios in mp3 format? Because ultimately I won't be using iTunes to play those but just create a CD and listen in my car.

Snowfall
Been Around a Bit

Postby Snowfall » January 18th, 2008 3:36 pm

Hmmmm sorry, that's beyond the scope of what I know about how JPod works. I just get it onto ITunes and from there, onto my IPod. Wish I could be of more help.

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » January 18th, 2008 4:12 pm

As soon as I put the feed in Juice, everything started pouring in. I'm having issues getting it to only keep the recent stuff.

For the public (audio only) feed, put http://www.japanesepod101.com/feed_pvc.xml in for the url.

For the premium feed (everything), put http://www.japanesepod101.com/premium_feed/feed.xml in for the URL, and you must go to authentication screen and enter your username and password.

The Englishpod101 public feed is at http://www.englishpod101.com/feed.xml, if you want to include that as well.

I don't touch iTunes.

screeech
New in Town

Size of everything

Postby screeech » January 25th, 2008 6:40 am

If I use Itunes and "get all" on a basic subscription feed, how much space will it take up? Are we talking like one or two gigabytes?

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Re: Size of everything

Postby Jason » January 25th, 2008 7:22 am

screeech wrote:If I use Itunes and "get all" on a basic subscription feed, how much space will it take up? Are we talking like one or two gigabytes?

Yes, it will. My JPod collection takes up close to 4GB and that's without a lot of the beginner and newbie lessons. Remember you're talking about downloading a back catalogue of about 2 years worth of material.

And yes, all of the audio files are standard mp3s that should play on just about anything.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Return to “Technical Support”