a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

anything new please

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

mieth
Expert on Something

anything new please

Postby mieth » September 15th, 2009 7:14 pm

Please dump survival phrases and replace with a lower advanced course. Just my personal opinion but there are already sooooo many lower level lessons done. No more nihongo ga wakarimasu ka classes. the new irrashaimase lesson is something that has been covered numerous times in other lessons. I would be willing to pay for this service again if there were more product to buy. Video lessons of low level kanji are also not doing a whole lot either. I kanji lesson would be fine but how about kanji from upper levels. I think the issue is that Jpod is trying to continue to make free lower level lessons for those who arent really willing to pay. Just charge everyone and say give out 1 free newb lesson a week or something. Once in one of Peter's lessons he said he had the goal of getting us fluent. I currently don't see japanesepod heading towards that goal anymore. I have a lot of love for jpod. I used it when I was just a beginner and knew nothing and it helped me get a long way but then it stopped short. I paid for a premium membership for maybe over a year or so. I don't know what all the answers are but I feel something is amiss with the current lesson line up.

From a huge Jpod from Mieth. cheers

Yamanchu
Expert on Something

Postby Yamanchu » September 15th, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi Mieth,

Understand your frustration. I'm not sure what your level of Japanese is, but what I did from the time I joined JPod is download every lesson. Beginner, lower intermediate, the original intermediate series and also upper intermediate.

I'm a lower level intermediate student and still have a few lower intermediate lessons to work through before I get to the old intermediate series, after which there is still the upper intermediate to go which will take me quite a while to get through.

For me, this is a chance to 'catch up'.

As a paid subscriber, I also hope they bring back the higher levels, but having said that, I'm guessing that I have 6 - 12 months work ahead of me before I get through all the older higher level lessons that I haven't studied yet.

Get 40% OFF
alexlimbert
New in Town

Bring Back Higher Levels?

Postby alexlimbert » October 7th, 2009 12:49 am

Why would they take them away???

Yamanchu
Expert on Something

Postby Yamanchu » October 7th, 2009 1:53 am

I can only guess that JPod101 has also been affected by the GFC.

alexlimbert
New in Town

Postby alexlimbert » October 7th, 2009 2:07 am

GFC?

Yamanchu
Expert on Something

Postby Yamanchu » October 7th, 2009 4:01 am

Global Financial Crisis.

I can only guess, but they must be feeling some impact.

alexlimbert
New in Town

Postby alexlimbert » October 7th, 2009 4:06 am

Sorry. I don't understand your logic. You think the GFC has caused them to remove the advance classes they already posted in the past???

Yamanchu
Expert on Something

Postby Yamanchu » October 7th, 2009 8:49 pm

Sorry Alex, I was referring to the making of new lessons. I wasn't aware that they'd taken down existing lessons.

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”