Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Japanese Mnemonics - EASIEST WAY TO learn japanese!!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Jummp
New in Town

Japanese Mnemonics - EASIEST WAY TO learn japanese!!

Postby Jummp » January 29th, 2008 11:57 pm

Well, you probably like me hate studying and memorizing hard to memorize word. But that is why there are mnemonics, which are like little brain hacks. It's where you associate the word with something else for example

For example the word "tree" is "ki" in Japanese

sounds like “key”

imagine a big tree in the woods. it looks like a normal tree, but if you have the secret bark KEY you can open up a secret compartment! its true! you can put anything you want in there, mongoose eggs, cat foot, pokeballs. as long as you have the KEY to the TREE no one will every find what you put inside.

And you just use little tricks like that which make learning a ANY new language sooo much better.

I've posted more in the Studying post, which you can find here
http://tinyurl.com/ynsbqz

Have fun!!
Last edited by Jummp on February 24th, 2008 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: Japanese Mnemonics - EASIEST WAY TO learn japanese!!

Postby Ulver_684 » January 31st, 2008 4:22 am

Jummp wrote:Well, you probably like me hate studying and memorizing hard to memorize word. But that is why there are mnemonics, which are like little brain hacks. It's where you associate the word with something else for example

For example the word "tree" is "ki" in Japanese

sounds like “key”

imagine a big tree in the woods. it looks like a normal tree, but if you have the secret bark KEY you can open up a secret compartment! its true! you can put anything you want in there, mongoose eggs, cat foot, pokeballs. as long as you have the KEY to the TREE no one will every find what you put inside.

And you just use little tricks like that which make learning a ANY new language sooo much better.

I've posted more in the Studying post, which you can find here
http://tinyurl.com/ynsbqz

Have fun!!

Jummp-san!

Thank you for your honesty I can't reply by PM because I also banned for sending PM but you know that what you did was wrong and you should have tell me with the true before doing it. I know this message was going to be attracted to me because you know I like tree, forest, woods and everything that has to do with that topic because of Miki-san to be honest.

Please you should keep my personal information private because you know it's private and I going to tell JP101 to sign you up for a basic subscription, I going to paid for you. I really like when people say the truth but don't do it again ever ok!

Well thank you for your time and see you around JP101 my friend.

Get 40% OFF
Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » January 31st, 2008 6:19 pm

You'd probably get on well with Heisig's 'Remembering the Kanji', which uses a similar mnemonic technique to remember characters by creating a solid mental image from each of the radical elements that they're comprised of.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 31st, 2008 11:37 pm

Jummp-san!

I understand, everybody is getting it wrong way. I have nothing to hide, I just don't like when they mess with my personal things without my permission. I really don't know if this is a joke or not because JP101 hasn't respond to my e-mails yet but whatever it is I'm not into this kind of jokes. (bee gees Joke song)

I know that no one can take me serious for now because I always been fooling around
but I'm here to learn Japanese, it may not look so but it is. If the emperor is interest in know me, I'll be glad to meet him in person if his is interest of course, I'm not a famous person and I can't speak Japanese well, It's a long road but hope to make my dream come true.

Well thank you again for your time and if you are interest JP101 offers a 7 day trial for free at the bottom of the page (see the red sign), sign up and you get to see what JP101 offers free for one week then you know what to do next ok! BTW thank you for your e-mail.

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » February 1st, 2008 6:35 am

Ulver_684 wrote:Jummp-san!

I understand, everybody is getting it wrong way. I have nothing to hide, I just don't like when they mess with my personal things without my permission. I really don't know if this is a joke or not because JP101 hasn't respond to my e-mails yet but whatever it is I'm not into this kind of jokes. (bee gees Joke song)

I know that no one can take me serious for now because I always been fooling around
but I'm here to learn Japanese, it may not look so but it is. If the emperor is interest in know me, I'll be glad to meet him in person if his is interest of course, I'm not a famous person and I can't speak Japanese well, It's a long road but hope to make my dream come true.

Well thank you again for your time and if you are interest JP101 offers a 7 day trial for free at the bottom of the page (see the red sign), sign up and you get to see what JP101 offers free for one week then you know what to do next ok! BTW thank you for your e-mail.

What are you talking about? :?
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » February 1st, 2008 1:43 pm

She said she can't send PM's for some reason in her first post, so I'm assuming she's responding to his PM. If not, I think all the business Japanese and causative passive lessons have started to take their toll :lol:

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » February 1st, 2008 3:07 pm

Psy wrote:
Ulver_684 wrote:Jummp-san!

What are you talking about? :?

Psy-san!

Sorry I forgot that not everyone knows what's going on here? let me explain to you and all the other listeners that miss out. The other day, Jummp-san post this topic about Japanese Mnemonics to be honest I didn't knew what was it so I was curious (curiosity kill the cat) and there was another link not the one from above and it looked like a JP101 login page and I type my username and password in order to see what was it about? but after I type my user name and password, a blank page came out. I trust this listener so I send a e-mail to JP101 about this situation but until now I haven't receive any respond so I though that it was ok and went to sleep.

The next day went I came home, I went online and when I open JP101 page it said there that I was online and I though what? the only place I post my username and password was here. This is the first time that happens to me since 2004 that I began using the web for the first time too. I was really shock and worry because I don't know this listener and since I come from a Mexican culture were you have to always watch out for people everywhere. (I live seven years in Mexico City)
We are like tendsious and like sick ( poco neruoticos) I going to support group for neuroticos.

After all then Jummp-san sent me a PM explaining why he did that to me (it could have been anyone) so like Javizy-san said I'm responding to Jummp-san PM's and thanking him for being a honest person and for giving me his e-mail address. I think this was a great summary but if you want more let me know by replying ok! :D

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » February 1st, 2008 3:18 pm

Javizy wrote:She said she can't send PM's for some reason in her first post, so I'm assuming she's responding to his PM. If not, I think all the business Japanese and causative passive lessons have started to take their toll :lol:

Psy/Javizy-san!

Thank you both for your interest! I'm just a Newbie/Begginner/lower Intermediate so like Kitty-chan said in other post I can't catch up ( Idon't understand) what Upper intermediate and Advanced level (Miki-san blog) so for everyone on that level that are very lucky to know, please enjoy and hope that better times come for us the lower ones. :(

PS: I would like Miki's blog for Begginner/Lower Intermediate so JP101staff ask her if she will be interest in doing another blog for us the lower class, thank you.

SATANICAT
New in Town

Postby SATANICAT » February 3rd, 2008 12:44 am

another mnemonic I made up yesterday

Sorry "Sumimasen!" sounds like "Sue me mah sehn"

I think of it like "Sorry! Sue me my friend".

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » February 3rd, 2008 3:26 am

Some people, I've heard associate itadakimasu with a nonsense word "drinkadakimasu." So eat-a-dakimasu and drink-adakimasu. I also remembered, as my nickname is Psy, the word shousai (details) as "SHOW PSY the details."

I like mnemonics, though English ones are often hard to apply to Japanese because of the strictness of proper vowel pronunciation.
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

jkeyz15
Expert on Something

Postby jkeyz15 » February 3rd, 2008 6:19 am

@Ulver684
So OP phished you?

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » February 3rd, 2008 12:50 pm

jkeyz15 wrote:@Ulver684
So OP phished you?

Yes. He/she/whatever was banned for it. Everyone please be careful with your personal information.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

ippaihea
New in Town

2 more mnemonics

Postby ippaihea » February 23rd, 2008 3:01 pm

1.. if you keep eating from the food trolley you'll get fat FUTORImasu 太る to get fat

2.. men can be dorks sometimes so you can only sigh:tiresome
mendoukusai 面倒臭い

3 how many times have you wanted to hit a smart arse especially one who nags
NAGURU. To hit

anybody got any more?

Return to “Learn All About Japanese”