Or sign up using Facebook

JP101 free account

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Lufos8068
New in Town

JP101 free account

Postby Lufos8068 » April 11th, 2013 3:09 pm

Hey guys,

I enjoyed the videos on youtube so I checked out this site and registered an account. I am an absolute beginner and would like to get started with learning japanese. However, I am a bit confused about the free content. :-) I found this matrix and it says video and audio pod casts are free. Does this include all the lessons you find when you hit "Browse Lessons" (Audio, Video, Newest Lessons)? I guess some of it is free, as I already saw it on youtube. In the FAQ it says that only the first 3 lessons of each level are free. I find this confusing.^^
Right now I can access(and download) all of the content due to the 7 day trial, so it is hard to say what content will be unavailable after the trial runs out. I would be very glad, if someone could help me identify the free content. :-)

regards,
Lufos

/edit: Ah, I just found the overview under each audio/video showing what level you need to watch/download it. So I guess problem solved. :-) But, am I getting this right? I can download every existing audio/video cast for free while my trial is running? Can I still watch/hear the stuff i downloaded when my trial ends?

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: JP101 free account

Postby community.japanese » April 12th, 2013 2:15 pm

Lufos8068-san,
thank you for being interested in our lessons!! :D
Our videos and audios are not always free contents, so you need to upgrade in order to have access always to
those features at any lesson of any level :flower:

I'll confirm with my team about once-downloaded files after 7 days, before giving you any reply about it.
Please allow us some time :D

Hope you find our lessons and site features worth paying membership, so that even after 7 days of trial, you'll have
access to our always-improving great materials :wink:

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
Lufos8068
New in Town

Postby Lufos8068 » April 12th, 2013 2:51 pm

Natsuko-san,

I am enjoying the lessons so far. :-) And yes, a paying membership is definitely an option. As I am a poor student, money is always tight, so I would like to check out and test the features first. But i guess that's whats the trial is for. :-)

Thanks for checking with your team about the downloaded files.

regards,
Lufos

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » April 12th, 2013 3:14 pm

Lufos-san,
we all understand it's always difficult for younger leaners (students) to purchase membership.
Hope you can enjoy our site even if you can't purchase membership straightforward! :D

As it's after midnight here in Japan (and it's Friday), my team member might be able to get back to you
only on Monday. Hope it's still fine...

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Lufos8068
New in Town

Postby Lufos8068 » April 12th, 2013 3:33 pm

Natsuko-san,

monday is fine. Have a nice weekend. :D

Thanks again.

Lufos

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » April 13th, 2013 2:37 pm

Lufos-san,
thank you for your understanding!
Have a lovely weekend you too :wink:

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Lufos8068
New in Town

Postby Lufos8068 » April 14th, 2013 12:41 pm

Natsuko-san,

I guess I will buy a 1 month subscription and see if I want to continue after this month. Do you know, if the stuff I downloaded will still be available after this subcription runs out? Maybe this is different from the 7 day trial. I just dont like the idea of having shareware on my pc, that's why I'm asking. I somehow feel time pressure whenever I use timed software. :-)

Lufos

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » April 15th, 2013 1:01 am

Lufos8068 wrote:Natsuko-san,

I guess I will buy a 1 month subscription and see if I want to continue after this month. Do you know, if the stuff I downloaded will still be available after this subcription runs out? Maybe this is different from the 7 day trial. I just dont like the idea of having shareware on my pc, that's why I'm asking. I somehow feel time pressure whenever I use timed software. :-)

Lufos

Hi Lufos-san,

I apologize for the late reply. Thank you for considering subscribing for one month with us.

During the free trial period, you're able to access all lessons and all series from JapanesePod101. After the 7 days trial, you'll still be able to access the most recent lessons from the past three weeks and the first three lessons from any series.

All contents downloaded by you will be available on your computer. We have no blocking system or anything similar to contents already downloaded.

Please let us know if you have any questions! We hope you continue enjoying JapanesePod101!

Kind regards,
Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

Lufos8068
New in Town

Postby Lufos8068 » April 15th, 2013 7:39 am

Hi Paloma-san,

that's great to hear. Thank you for your answer. :-)

Lufos

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » April 15th, 2013 8:32 am

Lufos-san,
whenever and if you have questions, please feel free to ask us!
Hope you'll enjoy our lessons :wink:

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”