Or sign up using Facebook

Finding teachers in Tokyo...

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

lazz
New in Town

Finding teachers in Tokyo...

Postby lazz » August 14th, 2006 4:37 am

Hi there,

Ok, finding English teachers seems to be a breeze in Tokyo but for god sakes. It should be easy to find Japanese tutors. Does anyone know some good online sources for tutor lists or companies that find them. So far I can find only one online company and they are kind of slow responding and dont have much of a choice for what I need.

Or, if anyone has a good tutor they use by all means feel free to recommend.

Thanks,

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Re: Finding teachers in Tokyo...

Postby Bueller_007 » August 16th, 2006 9:29 am

lazz wrote:Hi there,

Ok, finding English teachers seems to be a breeze in Tokyo but for god sakes. It should be easy to find Japanese tutors. Does anyone know some good online sources for tutor lists or companies that find them. So far I can find only one online company and they are kind of slow responding and dont have much of a choice for what I need.

Or, if anyone has a good tutor they use by all means feel free to recommend.

Thanks,

In Kansai, it's the Kansai Flea Market that's used for advertising to foreigners... Tokyo must have an equivalent--a free weekly listing of classifieds.

You might find something here, as it seems to be Tokyo-oriented:
http://metropolis.co.jp/classifieds/

Otherwise, just word of mouth.

Get 40% OFF
joeBlow
New in Town

Postby joeBlow » August 23rd, 2006 6:53 am

It depends on where you are. There's a great school I studdied at for about two years just five minutes from the Meguro train station called, Meguro Language Center. When I lived in Japan I never realized just how good the lessons were, but now that I'm in China studing Chinese, I can say they were excellent! The best teacher is Hotta-sensi (if you can get up early enough to catch her classes) followed closely by Okura-sensi.

Good luck, life in Tokyo is much easier once you can speak well.

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”