Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Not sure where to post this but if someone could translate.

Learn more about the community and how they are learning Japanese and about Japan. Do a little listener-to-listener chit chat. Keep it civil, and everything else goes.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderator Team

kinyobi
Been Around a Bit

Not sure where to post this but if someone could translate.

Postby kinyobi » February 15th, 2009 12:41 pm

出来るで~アーラソンにたこ焼き教えたでぇなにわなんともなにわは最高!他に比べりゃ外国同然!

My cousin email me this - as I am only using Google translate to aid while I am still learning and have no idea what she said.

hatch_jp
Expert on Something

Postby hatch_jp » February 17th, 2009 10:09 pm

Umm, it doesn't make sense even for a native japanese speaker :?:

Get 50% OFF
Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » February 18th, 2009 12:19 am

hatch_jp wrote:Umm, it doesn't make sense even for a native japanese speaker :?:

Glad to hear :lol: I read this the other day, and it didn't make any sense to me at all. I was wondering if it was some sort of dialect or slang, but apparently not. The meaning I got from it was:

If you can, teach/tell Aarason (attempt at Alison?) about takoyaki. (Something something) it's the best! If I was to compare it to something else, I'd say it's like foreign... (not sure what she's trying to say here).

kinyobi
Been Around a Bit

Postby kinyobi » February 18th, 2009 2:52 am

Thanks for trying guy. I gave up. Allison is my daughter's name so that part would make sense.

I wonder if it was her response to me asking her if she knew Kansai Dialect - as I've been listening to JCC and knew she was living in Osaka, but I can't be sure. Either that she's doing her best to confuse me.

Thanks anyhow.

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”