Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Where to start, I dont think i'm a beginner.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

tarkonis
New in Town

Where to start, I dont think i'm a beginner.

Postby tarkonis » November 22nd, 2007 4:08 pm

Hi there!

Iv'e been learning japanese on and off for a while now after work and when I can for a little over 2 years. I don't see myself as a total beginner but I don't see myself as an intermediate either. I've recently come across this site and I'm a bit confused as to where im supposed to start. I went straight to the intermediate classes to test my level and got through the first lesson ok, but then the second lesson seemed to just shoot right into language oblivion. Full japanese speech with little to no english or words and phrases I didn't have a clue about.

So I went back to the beinnger lessons and they all seem really easy and grinding. "yukkuri onegai shimasu". I'm a bit lost as to where to start.

Has anyone else felt like this or had this problem, or could a site admin point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Tarkonis

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » November 23rd, 2007 1:14 am

you know what's really fantastic about all the staff at jp101? they think about people like you when they are getting their act together.

you know how i know this? check out this link,
http://www.japanesepod101.com/help-center/the-courses/

really gotta appreciate their efforts. =D

Get 40% OFF
tarkonis
New in Town

Postby tarkonis » November 23rd, 2007 11:50 am

Thanks,

this has really helped me out.

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » November 25th, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi,

Even though I feel I'm at the high beginner, I still listen to the newbie lessons to see if there is anything I haven't learned. I've had to study out of 3 different books with the classes I was taking years ago.

I've stuck with Japanesepod101 though because they seem more consistent with their lessons.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: Where to start, I dont think i'm a beginner.

Postby Ulver_684 » December 26th, 2007 10:20 pm

tarkonis wrote:Hi there!

Iv'e been learning japanese on and off for a while now after work and when I can for a little over 2 years. I don't see myself as a total beginner but I don't see myself as an intermediate either. I've recently come across this site and I'm a bit confused as to where im supposed to start. I went straight to the intermediate classes to test my level and got through the first lesson ok, but then the second lesson seemed to just shoot right into language oblivion. Full japanese speech with little to no english or words and phrases I didn't have a clue about.

So I went back to the beinnger lessons and they all seem really easy and grinding. "yukkuri onegai shimasu". I'm a bit lost as to where to start.

Has anyone else felt like this or had this problem, or could a site admin point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Tarkonis

Tarkonis-san! :wink:

Here is what JP101 team recommends for the listeners like us:

http://www.japanesepod101.com/help-center/the-courses/ :D

tiger
Been Around a Bit

audio working?

Postby tiger » January 5th, 2008 4:16 pm

I just tried to listen to the level checks at the links above, but couldn't get them to work?
Are they working?

Need to find out where to start as well.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » January 6th, 2008 4:14 pm

it's working fine for me.
- まもる
くろくておおきくてかたくてひかててくさくてきみおなこえがあげるせぶつ。

tiger
Been Around a Bit

got it

Postby tiger » January 7th, 2008 4:48 am

ah, ok, got it, must be my ancient computer. :?

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”