Or sign up using Facebook

Funny moments in Podcasts

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

metal_lloyd
New in Town

Funny moments in Podcasts

Postby metal_lloyd » July 30th, 2007 8:51 pm

Hi everybody,
I've been listening to the podcasts for a few weeks now. And I haven't been so hooked to learning a new language for years. The thing with the podcasts is that everybody's so enthousiastic about teaching the japanese language. Plus, there are really funny moments that make learning much more enjoyable.

I thought I'd post some funny moments listening to the podcasts. It's kinda subjective so here's some potential spoilers:

Beginner Lesson #31:
When Peter says telling time is so useful, and how we talk about time every single day. And goes on to suggest: for practice go around in Japan asking the time 20 times a day.

Beginner Lesson #24:
When Peter demonstrates the logic behind counting and how to say your age in japanese (21 years old, 22 yrs, 23 yrs etc). So the team counts from 11 to 29. Then on 29 Peter says, you only need to learn to count up to 29 because in Japan, no one is ever over: (Sakura and Natsuko responding in unison): ni-ju kyu.

Beginner Lesson #16:
When they talk about a common cold in Japan that lingers. Then Peter talks about this very popular term (kasagimi: common cold that lingers): because the germs in Japan are very sugoi.

Off the top of head, those are some of the really funny stuff you can find in the podcasts.
I'll post more as I advance in the lessons.

Lloyd

Peter
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Peter » July 31st, 2007 12:43 pm

Lloyd-san, haha. Too funny. I can't believe you started this thread! On the recording side, one of the best sessions we had was an intermediate session with Natsuko, Take and me. We were talking about "chimatsuri (bloodbath)", and we were laughing uncontrollably for over 10 minutes. That was some day.
Thank you for listening! :D
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Get 40% OFF
jaypunkrawk
Established Presence

Postby jaypunkrawk » July 31st, 2007 5:45 pm

Sometimes I wish you guys wouldn't edit the podcasts...sure they'd drag on, but I think it'd be worth it to hear the insanity! :lol:
ジョシュ

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » July 31st, 2007 11:36 pm

ピーターさん、how about a bloopers bonus audio? You could leave the audio uncut with all the mishaps.

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » August 1st, 2007 11:43 pm

Peter wrote:Lloyd-san, haha. Too funny. I can't believe you started this thread! On the recording side, one of the best sessions we had was an intermediate session with Natsuko, Take and me. We were talking about "chimatsuri (bloodbath)", and we were laughing uncontrollably for over 10 minutes. That was some day.

Which one was that? I don't remember hearing one with a discussion about ちまつり. I agree that it would be great to have the outtakes. Perhaps if you aren't going to bring back 土曜日のニュース, you could create 土曜日のアウテク. They would be best if they weren't edited, or were just a collection of all the clips that were edited out. Another idea would be just an outtakes track every day, that is the raw recording.

I have an hour drive to work, and listen to your podcasts in both directions, and frequently on lunch. (they are usually posted about 20 minutes before I need to leave for work. )

JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » August 9th, 2007 3:47 pm

Wasn't it a blooper/out takes lesson some year back? Called lesson X or something, don't remember but I think it's time for another. :lol:

With a little help, here is the lesson: http://www.japanesepod101.com/index.php?s=April+Fool

:D It's awesome! Enjoy.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » August 11th, 2007 11:10 pm

kc8ufv wrote:
Peter wrote:Lloyd-san, haha. Too funny. I can't believe you started this thread! On the recording side, one of the best sessions we had was an intermediate session with Natsuko, Take and me. We were talking about "chimatsuri (bloodbath)", and we were laughing uncontrollably for over 10 minutes. That was some day.

Which one was that? I don't remember hearing one with a discussion about ちまつり. I agree that it would be great to have the outtakes. Perhaps if you aren't going to bring back 土曜日のニュース, you could create 土曜日のアウテク. They would be best if they weren't edited, or were just a collection of all the clips that were edited out. Another idea would be just an outtakes track every day, that is the raw recording.

I have an hour drive to work, and listen to your podcasts in both directions, and frequently on lunch. (they are usually posted about 20 minutes before I need to leave for work. )

I think it's in the intermediate lesson called 'Retaining Council' when Youko explains why Mel and the Dean ended up in jail -- they broke into the aquarium to swim with the sharks, which resulted in a chimatsuri! I started on the intermediates a few weeks ago, and it's good to hear some old school Jpod storylines again in all of their absurd glory!

As for funny moments, there are a lot; Takase makes me laugh (it's a shame she's not about any more), and Sakura comes out with a lot of funny stuff unintentionally, like Mr Kaminari :lol:

MexicanHat
New in Town

Postby MexicanHat » August 12th, 2007 9:58 pm

I think the lower intermediate lesson bikkuri party. Anyway Peter talks about surprise party and expects Natsuko to ask him about it, to which she doesn't 8)

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » August 14th, 2007 2:27 am

Javizy wrote:
kc8ufv wrote:

I think it's in the intermediate lesson called 'Retaining Council' when Youko explains why Mel and the Dean ended up in jail -- they broke into the aquarium to swim with the sharks, which resulted in a chimatsuri! I started on the intermediates a few weeks ago, and it's good to hear some old school Jpod storylines again in all of their absurd glory!

As for funny moments, there are a lot; Takase makes me laugh (it's a shame she's not about any more), and Sakura comes out with a lot of funny stuff unintentionally, like Mr Kaminari :lol:

Now that I've looked up that lesson, I realize why I didn't recognize it. That is from before I started studying Japanese, and I haven't listened to many of the old lessons. I'll be listening to this one in the morning on the way to work. I'm going to go to bed tonight listening to O-Bon Kaidan. Nice long scary dialog. Bonam Noctem.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » August 24th, 2007 9:58 pm

JockZon wrote:Wasn't it a blooper/out takes lesson some year back? Called lesson X or something, don't remember but I think it's time for another. :lol:

With a little help, here is the lesson: http://www.japanesepod101.com/index.php?s=April+Fool

:D It's awesome! Enjoy.

Jockzon-san! :wink:

This is also my funnies moment in the podcast. :wink:

BTW Daniel-san you have a replyon the comments section on that podcast. :twisted:

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » September 12th, 2007 11:10 am

we have a massive library of outtakes...

one of my favorites is Peter asking Sakura, "Why do we do this is Japanese?" to which Sakura replies, "I dunno. That's just the way it is."

great grammar explanation. LOL.

some day we'll do something with those. but there are some that aren't PG, those are the real gems.

marky :rock:
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » September 12th, 2007 12:02 pm

markystar wrote:we have a massive library of outtakes...

one of my favorites is Peter asking Sakura, "Why do we do this is Japanese?" to which Sakura replies, "I dunno. That's just the way it is."

great grammar explanation. LOL.

some day we'll do something with those. but there are some that aren't PG, those are the real gems.

marky :rock:

Perhaps it's time for another outtakes show. Including the non-PG ones. Just put a disclamer in the text that is seen on the homepage, and at the begining of the lesson.

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » September 12th, 2007 12:30 pm

Peter: So, I've caught a cold. And what do they say about catching colds in Summer?
Naomi: In summer, we say that people who catch colds in Summer are [b]馬鹿。[/b]

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » September 15th, 2007 3:43 pm

In the early beginner lessons I kept hearing "Air cleaning" instead of Erklaren 'air claren"

Fedgrub
Expert on Something

Postby Fedgrub » September 19th, 2007 2:51 am

Beginner Lesson #16:
When they talk about a common cold in Japan that lingers. Then Peter talks about this very popular term (kasagimi: common cold that lingers): because the germs in Japan are very sugoi.

I agree with Lloyd that it is one of the funniest too. There are so many funny moments though, thats what makes it a breeze!

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”