a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Wii language poll

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Wii language poll

Postby Jason » July 7th, 2007 5:34 am

Just a little bit of info I thought ya'll might find interesting. On the Wii's Everybody Votes channel, there was recently a global poll asking which language you'd prefer to learn: Chinese or Japanese. Japanese scored over 70% of the votes.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

TheProfessorOne
Established Presence

Re: Wii language poll

Postby TheProfessorOne » July 9th, 2007 10:43 am

Jason wrote:Just a little bit of info I thought ya'll might find interesting. On the Wii's Everybody Votes channel, there was recently a global poll asking which language you'd prefer to learn: Chinese or Japanese. Japanese scored over 70% of the votes.

Question: Does the Wii display font in multiple languages like the PS3? I have a Japanese PS3 that displays everything in English and I love it. Can the Wii do that?

Sorry if that was an off topic question. I haven't picked up a Wii yet as the wife might shoot me. However, I am curious about it and hope to grab one someday. I am glad to know that most people rather learn Japanese though....I guess I am studying the right language :P
Guidelines | FAQ | あなたはぜっこうちょうですか?

Get 40% OFF
Jason

Postby Jason » July 10th, 2007 1:01 am

I don't know. I don't have access to a Japanese Wii.
Jason

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: Wii language poll

Postby Ulver_684 » August 24th, 2007 10:03 pm

Jason wrote:Just a little bit of info I thought ya'll might find interesting. On the Wii's Everybody Votes channel, there was recently a global poll asking which language you'd prefer to learn: Chinese or Japanese. Japanese scored over 70% of the votes.

Jason-san! :wink:

That was a very nice poll, I would have chose Japanese too on those votes.

I just brough my wii so if anyone is interest lets exchange wii codes and be friends, thanks. 8) :wink:

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » August 25th, 2007 6:51 am

I don't want to ruin everyone's happiness, but I'd say that almost all Wii owners know where the Wii was made/designed (日本よ!), so it would be only natural that more Wii owners would want to learn japanese. They, by definition, own and play with a Japanese made product, and the survey was completed by people while they were using this Japanese product.
I don't think that we can infer that a survey conducted in the wider, non-Wii playing society would get similar results.
Nice to win though!

Jason

Postby Jason » August 25th, 2007 6:54 am

maxiewawa wrote:I don't think that we can infer that a survey conducted in the wider, non-Wii playing society would get similar results.
Nice to win though!

I never meant to infer any of that. I just thought it was neat that it came out like that. :P
Jason

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 9th, 2008 3:16 am

Mina-sama! :wink:

Here is my Wii code, feel free to add me:

terrysimons
Been Around a Bit

Hmmm

Postby terrysimons » January 11th, 2008 9:04 am

maxiewawa wrote:I don't want to ruin everyone's happiness, but I'd say that almost all Wii owners know where the Wii was made/designed (日本よ!), so it would be only natural that more Wii owners would want to learn japanese. They, by definition, own and play with a Japanese made product, and the survey was completed by people while they were using this Japanese product.
I don't think that we can infer that a survey conducted in the wider, non-Wii playing society would get similar results.
Nice to win though!

Eh? The only popular console that wasn't made by the Japanese was the XBox 360, and we already know English. ;)

I think your correlation is weak there. ;) I'd have voted for Japanese, and I want to buy a Wii, but it has nothing to do with it being a Japanese console. Maybe I'm a minority. ;)

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » January 11th, 2008 10:06 am

just something out of topic but i think it's really really interesting...

the queen of england, yes queen elizabeth ii, got hold of prince william's wii, and is showing signs of becoming a junkie.

you can read the details here http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-984710 ... =cnetfd.mt
- まもる
くろくておおきくてかたくてひかててくさくてきみおなこえがあげるせぶつ。

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 11th, 2008 11:42 pm

jemstone wrote:just something out of topic but i think it's really really interesting...

the queen of england, yes queen elizabeth ii, got hold of prince william's wii, and is showing signs of becoming a junkie.

you can read the details here http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-984710 ... =cnetfd.mt

Jemstone-san! :wink:

That's great and very interesting! :lol:

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » January 12th, 2008 2:13 am

Thanks Jemstone! I've been playing Wii bowling online looking for HRH's wii avatar but it hasn't come up yet.

stuu
Been Around a Bit

Postby stuu » January 12th, 2008 3:59 am

[quote="Ulver_684"][quote="jemstone"]just something out of topic but i think it's really really interesting...

If she's only showing signs of becoming a junkie that could just be old age, you know, falling asleep all the time, dribbling, slurred speech, bad skin, memory loss, that sort of thing. However,if she's actually becoming a junkie that means she's probably already sold William's wii down the pub for a tenner.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » January 12th, 2008 3:00 pm

aahahahah!! becoming a nintendo wii junkie.. =P or "addict" as the article says.. heeheh i think it also says prince william is finding it hard to get the wii console back from his grandma.. aahahaha
- まもる
くろくておおきくてかたくてひかててくさくてきみおなこえがあげるせぶつ。

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 14th, 2008 10:58 pm

I haven't connect my Wii to the internet, thanks everyone for asking. I will let you know when I connect it and when and what time I play ok! :oops:

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 23rd, 2008 10:08 pm

Ulver_684 wrote:Mina-sama! :wink:

I haven't connect my Wii to the internet, thanks everyone for asking. I will let you know when I connect it and when and what time I play ok! :oops:

My birthday is June 2 and I going to get has a present the Wii fit so I can lose weigh because I gain weight so I want to know if anyone has try it out and if so please let me know if it works, thanks! 8)

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”