a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Question. How would I approach this situation

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

lonna_senpai
Established Presence

Question. How would I approach this situation

Postby lonna_senpai » May 17th, 2007 10:38 pm

My mom has a friend whose wife is Japanese. I have never met either of them but my mom gave my number to the father in law to give to the wife. She is new to American and doesn't really know anyone over here. Her English is good, I hear. But I'm 22 and she's in her forty's. I know I need to use polite speech but how do I bring up the subject of Japanese. Do I just bust out and introduce myself in Japanese? Do I talk in English and then mention I'm studying and wait for her to ask me to speak some? I just want to be polite as I can about the situation and I hope she might give me lessons. Thanks a lot for the help! I just really don't know what to do... :?

annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » May 18th, 2007 12:05 am

Maybe see if she'd be interested in a language exchange type thing. Just because her English is "good" doesn't mean that there aren't aspects of it that she'd like to improve.

Get 40% OFF
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 20th, 2007 1:36 am

annie wrote:Maybe see if she'd be interested in a language exchange type thing. Just because her English is "good" doesn't mean that there aren't aspects of it that she'd like to improve.

Annie-san! :wink:

Great Advice, Go Annie be my Nannie! :lol: 8) :wink:

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”