a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Buying a Mac in 日本

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Buying a Mac in 日本

Postby maxiewawa » February 21st, 2007 10:58 am

I'm looking to buy a Mac, and my girlfriend is back home in Japan. She says they are dramatically cheaper there. A 24" iMac will cost the equivalent of 250 000円 here in Shanghai. I see them going for much less on Yahoo Auctions. Is this the case?

annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » February 21st, 2007 12:37 pm

If you go to the Mac website, you can check out their Japanese prices in the International Store section.

But yes, it looks like a 24" imac is about 250,000 here in Japan.

They're running about $2000 USD, which is slightly cheaper than the Japan price.

Get 40% OFF
JonB
Expert on Something

They also have English assistence

Postby JonB » February 22nd, 2007 2:13 am

http://www.apple.com/jp/store/english/ but the number is a free phone so will probably only work in Japan.

I'm leaning that direction too for my next machine - current PC is getting a bit long in the tooth. The 24" is huge and you might want to consider buying the 20" and upgrading memory, graphics card etc for around the same price as the 24". But then again if you are going to use it to watch videos bigger is better :D

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » February 22nd, 2007 7:20 pm

Your leaving us Maxiewawa-san too bad! :( You said you were a PC man and your wrong your not a true PC man just talker.:twisted:
You must have read the article I gave out but remember what he say at the end, he change into Mac again because the Mac would have a program to run Windows Vista too, you see just like I say before Apple ask for Windows again to Microsoft just like he did with XP before and that's how he keeps his followers begging! :lol:

Yoshiko
Established Presence

Postby Yoshiko » March 14th, 2007 4:42 pm

PC-man? Doesn't exist... There is only the Mac-man (let's say mankind, to include the women) and the ones who don't know any better. But yes, there are some rare spiecies who have tried the Mac and then switched back to PC because those buttons were in the left. But evolution comes up with another idea: Windows Vista: OSX with buttons in the right!
Well, yes, I am a bit frustrated about the PC because my parents have one that is constantly doing weird things or nothing at all and they want me to fix it... And it's just UGLY. The thing is my Enemy.
:twisted:

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » March 14th, 2007 8:44 pm

:lol: Yoshiko-san you really made my day today! :wink:

For me I will always be a true PC until Microsoft falls down because I know that Microsoft PC dominance will soon end! Another great software awaits and we have to keep moving forward that's the way of the life! :)

Yoshiko
Established Presence

Postby Yoshiko » March 15th, 2007 9:57 am

Ah, yes. I have this teacher* dancing around the classroom (he's a true mac-man) saying: 'In the future... there will be no screens... but there will be (this he leaves blank as he can't see into the future...) and internet, you won't regognize it!
YOU CAN'T imagine how wonderful! THIS is just the beginning... Now, I have this plan...'

*he teaches interactive design

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » March 15th, 2007 3:12 pm

:lol: This teacher is so funny! Apple is going to fall down too but it would take long!

What I have in my Computer Science classes and what I read in magazines I think Linux is the program that would replace Windows but I'm really don't think so because I also read that google is making a software in the future for the PC's! :roll:

What do you think about it? Is it Linux, Mac or Google's new software our future? :shock:

Yoshiko
Established Presence

Postby Yoshiko » March 16th, 2007 11:11 am

I have no idea for the near future, let's say 10 years or so. I think it really depends on marketing. Even if you designed a way better software, the other one can win, due to good marketing. I've spoken so many people who have never heard of Mac. (Oh, iPod! do they also make computers?)
I think none of them will win in the end, because software and hardware maybe will be the same. Or be something really different. You know, what this teacher said :roll:
So I think 'before the war is over' there will be a whole different approach to computers.
Well just a thougt, I'm not an expert :?

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » March 16th, 2007 5:30 pm

Yoshiko wrote:I have no idea for the near future, let's say 10 years or so. I think it really depends on marketing. Even if you designed a way better software, the other one can win, due to good marketing. I've spoken so many people who have never heard of Mac. (Oh, iPod! do they also make computers?)
I think none of them will win in the end, because software and hardware maybe will be the same. Or be something really different. You know, what this teacher said :roll:
So I think 'before the war is over' there will be a whole different approach to computers.
Well just a thougt, I'm not an expert :?

Yes your right every ten years techonology keeps chancing and no one really knows what the future holds not even your teacher. :?

Sorry Yoshiko but you can believe in all that he or anyone says because it isn't true! :P

Yoshiko
Established Presence

Postby Yoshiko » March 18th, 2007 4:11 pm

What's the truth then? :)

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » March 19th, 2007 2:30 pm

Yoshiko wrote:What's the truth then? :)

We (the masses) don't know what the future hold for us, only our superiors and our creator (god) knows it all! amen 8) :wink:

Yoshiko
Established Presence

Postby Yoshiko » March 20th, 2007 1:32 pm

Well, this teacher claims to be the messiah. But he has only told his students because first he has to grow his hair long, otherwise nobody would believe him.
And to return to this topic no pointo:
He has also announced that he doesn't work with fish and bread, but he gives the masses Apple's!!! 8)

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » March 20th, 2007 8:00 pm

Yoshiko wrote:Well, this teacher claims to be the messiah. But he has only told his students because first he has to grow his hair long, otherwise nobody would believe him.
And to return to this topic no pointo:
He has also announced that he doesn't work with fish and bread, but he gives the masses Apple's!!! 8)

:lol: Yeah like a la Adan and Eva! :D

Yoshiko
Established Presence

Postby Yoshiko » March 22nd, 2007 9:17 am

He's the snake, now I see! whooooo. You've unmasked him! :evil:

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”