a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Voce Recorder not working

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

pervbate
Been Around a Bit

Voce Recorder not working

Postby pervbate » December 14th, 2013 11:54 am

It hasn`t been working for a few days now. The content plays, but you can`t record your voice. Anyone else have this problem?

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Voce Recorder not working

Postby community.japanese » December 19th, 2013 7:25 am

pervbate-san,
kon'nichiwa! :D
Sorry for the problems! :(
I'll speak to our tech team about it. Someone will get back to you shortly
with proper help. Thank you very much for your patience!

Natsuko (奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » December 24th, 2013 7:49 am

Hello Pervbate-san

Sometimes it depends on the browser, have yu tried with Firefox or Chrome?

Depending on your browser, it might ask for an authorization to use your microphone.
If so, please say “yes”.
Then, listen to the native voice.
Click on the round button to start the recording and to stop it.
At this stage, you can listen to your try, retry if needed and compare with the native voice.
Hope this helps!

If you continue having problems, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Ofelia
Team JapanesePod101.com

pervbate
Been Around a Bit

Postby pervbate » December 24th, 2013 8:50 am

It still doesn`t work. I`ve been using it for a long time with no problems, but for a week or so, it hasn`t worked. I can see and hear the native audio line just fine, but when clicking on the button to record myself, it doesn`t to anything at all. The red line doesn`t even go by to record anything.

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » December 24th, 2013 5:55 pm

pervbate wrote:I can see and hear the native audio line just fine, but when clicking on the button to record myself, it doesn`t to anything at all. The red line doesn`t even go by to record anything.

This is the normal behaviour if you don't have a microphone. Since you've used the Voice Recorder before, I assume that you do in fact have a microphone so I guess that something is making the Voice Recorder think that you don't.

Can you use the microphone in other applications? For example, can you make a successful test call with Skype?

If so, then perhaps the Flash player is being denied access to the microphone. You can check this by right-clicking in the Voice Recorder display and selecting Settings.... The second tab in the dialog controls access to the camera and microphone, so check that one; the third tab controls the microphone and is probably worth checking too.

マイケル

pervbate
Been Around a Bit

Postby pervbate » December 24th, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi, thanks for your tips. Skype works just fine. I`ll see what I can do. I don`t see any others with the same issue so it`s obviously something with my computer. I`ll see if I can figure it out.
Thanks, Joey

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » January 7th, 2014 4:41 am

Joey-san, マイケルsan,
thank you for the help, マイケルsan! :D
I'll ask the tech team if there's any other possible causes.

Natsuko (奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

pervbate
Been Around a Bit

Postby pervbate » January 7th, 2014 5:01 am

Thanks, It still doesn`t work. My mic works fin on Skype and everything else Just my Jpod voice reocrder isn`t working anymore. It was fine for a long time, then it went out.

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » January 8th, 2014 11:26 pm

Hi pervbate-san,

Could you please try it again?
Maybe it was a temporary issue, but we tested today, and it worked fine.
If not, could you please send us more details about which browser, version, etc. to ?

Kind regards,
Paloma
Team JapanesePod101.com

pervbate
Been Around a Bit

Postby pervbate » January 9th, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi, it`s still not working. I have a new NEC computer with the latest version of the Windows Explorer browser. I don`t know what the problem could be. I`ve tried all the suggestions. Something isn`t agreeing with my computer.

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » January 13th, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi pervbate-san,

Our technical team is investigating the error. Meanwhile, could you please try the following steps?
Could you please clear your browser cache and retry?
Also, could you send us more details about the issue, as what lesson(s)? Or what happens when you click on Voice Recorder icon? Does Voice Recorder popup appear?

If no, could you please press F12 in IE (developer tools), click on Console icon (second icon on the left sidebar of the developer tools), then click on Voice recorder icon. Any errors in the console?

Please let us know the results, and more information about the issue.
Kind regards,
Paloma
Team JapanesePod101.com

pervbate
Been Around a Bit

Postby pervbate » January 17th, 2014 11:45 am

Good evening,

Clicking on the voice recorder icon brings up the box to hear the native line, and record my voice, but when attempting to record my voice, the red line does not go by. It used to work just fine.

I tried your advice

press F12 in IE (developer tools), click on Console icon (second icon on the left sidebar of the developer tools), then click on Voice recorder icon. Any errors in the console?

However, there is no voice recorder icon in the console. All my computer settings are in Japanese, but I don`t think that would make a difference.

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » January 23rd, 2014 5:52 am

Hi Pervbate-san,

Maybe you permanently denied access to your microphone in the Flash Player settings... Try to set "Always Ask" (or "Always Allow") for japanesepod101.com here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... tml#117645

If it does not help, try to click "Always Ask" and confirm here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... tml#118539

*The help pages above is not just help pages, they are actual settings pages. You can change your Flash Player settings by clicking on appropriate controls on these pages.

If this does not help, when you click on the Record button (gray circle) does it change to red circle?
Could you open Control Panel (right-click on Windows Start button), then Hardware and Sound, then Sound, then the Recording tab. Do you see your microphone in the list? Is it enabled?

If you're still having issues, could you please send us more information about your computer over email? Which operation system do you have?
You can send it to

Thank you,
Paloma
Team JapanesePod101.com

namenamename
New in Town

Postby namenamename » March 30th, 2014 4:32 am

I have tried all the steps in this forum, including Skype test call which works fine, and also allowed Flash access for Japanesepod101.com. The mic does NOT record or show any indication that it is starting to record at all. It's just blank.

I am using Windows 7 x64 on MSI GT70 laptop, and have headset plugged in.

ofeliadgrd
Been Around a Bit

Postby ofeliadgrd » April 1st, 2014 4:27 am

Hi namenamename,

We are sorry for the inconveninece.
Have you tried to log out once, cleare the cache and cookies and log in again?
If you still experience this problem, please send us a mail to .

Thank you,
Ofelia
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Technical Support”