a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Cannot Connect from my IP

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

melodrameric
New in Town

Cannot Connect from my IP

Postby melodrameric » April 8th, 2013 6:47 pm

This is the strangest thing. For some reason my computer will not connect to this site through my wireless network wifi. Is there a reason that the site will not accept my Comcast IP address? My 4g network connects fine and my laptop will connect when not on my home wifi. I've tried changing routers and it worked for a few days and then stopped working again. Is this problem something you've heard before.

Eric

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Re: Cannot Connect from my IP

Postby mmmason8967 » April 8th, 2013 7:33 pm

Can you connect to your home wireless (the one that doesn't work), open a command prompt and type in the following command:-

ping 50.97.118.58

You should get a series of messages saying something like "Reply from 50.97.118.58: bytes=32 time=100ms TTL=46". This verifies that you can reach the JapanesePod101 web server. If you don't get a reply to your ping (i.e. you get messages saying that it timed out), then you have some kind of routing problem.

Assuming you get a reply (I think you will), please try entering this command:-

ping japanesepod101.com

The first line that you'll see after entering the command should look something like this:-

Pinging japanesepod101.com [50.97.118.58] with 32 bytes of data:

I'm guessing that you'll see a different IP address to the one shown above (50.97.118.58) and that you'll see time-out messages instead of replies. If so, that would indicate you have a problem with DNS.

Can you let us know what results you get?

マイケル

Get 40% OFF
community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » April 11th, 2013 2:03 pm

melodramedic-san, マイケルsan,
we're very sorry about the problem! :(
マイケルsan, thenk you VERY much for a kind help (it was beyond my knowldge....as always :oops: )!!
Hope マイケルsan's help have already solved the problem.
I'll share these comments from you both to our technical team, just in case! :wink:

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » April 19th, 2013 7:32 am

melodrameric wrote:This is the strangest thing. For some reason my computer will not connect to this site through my wireless network wifi. Is there a reason that the site will not accept my Comcast IP address? My 4g network connects fine and my laptop will connect when not on my home wifi. I've tried changing routers and it worked for a few days and then stopped working again. Is this problem something you've heard before.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Could you fix the issue with the internet? Can you connect now to JapanesePod101 using your wifi?

Regards,
Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

Return to “Technical Support”