Or sign up using Facebook

Settings for "Study All" deck

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

japanesepod1019229
New in Town

Settings for "Study All" deck

Postby japanesepod1019229 » March 25th, 2013 11:04 am

Hello,

Thanks first for the excellent flashcard system! Being able to copy the flashcards directly from the lessons completed and then have good cards including native pronunciation is such a boost!

Here is one of my niggles: I am trying to minimise the use of Romaji so that I learn and immerse in Japansese properly (and engage a new part of my brain). So for a single deck (like for a single lesson) I can click on edit and then disable the cards with Kana and Romaji. I also disable the pure Kanji one as I only have a decent command of the Kana so far.

This works fine, except for two points:

a) If I use the "Study All" deck those settings are ignored and the deck itself does not allow settings to be changed. So I can't use this deck and need to resolve to the individual decks. Those will be piling up very quickly. Can you implement a change so that either the deck has it's own settings (which could be re-used as the default settings for newly added decks), or that it instead respects the settings for the individual decks?
    b) Where the Kana/Kanji are on the backside of the card all writings are still shown. Any way this could be suppressed?

Thanks in advance for having a look into this.

Cheers,
Oliver

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Settings for "Study All" deck

Postby community.japanese » March 26th, 2013 9:39 am

Oiliver-san,
thank you very much for a feedback!
I'll talk to my team about what you suggested and discuss about it.
If there's anything we could help you, someone will get back to you with proper reply.
Thank you for your patience :D
Hope you can enjoy our (other) features in meanwhile!

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Technical Support”