a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Have you heard this one before?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

melodrameric
New in Town

Have you heard this one before?

Postby melodrameric » February 12th, 2013 2:09 pm

I cannot connect to Japanesepod101.com from my home wireless network. I can connect outside of my home wireless network. I can connect wired to the modem directly (the ISP doesn't seem to the be the problem) I've changed the wireless router and that only worked for a few days. I can connect if I make my mobile phone a wireless hotspot via my mobile 4G network (I'm doing that now)

I can connect my laptop or my phone via WiFi in other places, (public, work, etc) just not on my home WIRELESS.

Is there a problem or ban on my home IP address (unlikely)? or is there a setting on my router that I'm not aware of that prevents JPOD101, and ONLY that site, from not loading on any device in my home.

It's not a firewall issue
It's not an ISP issue
It's not a device issue
It's not an OS issue

It may be a router issue. Have you heard of this type of problem before? is there a setting I may be missin?

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Re: Have you heard this one before?

Postby mmmason8967 » February 12th, 2013 3:07 pm

Can you connect to your home wireless (the one that doesn't work), open a command prompt and type in the following command:-

ping 50.97.118.58

You should get a series of messages saying something like "Reply from 50.97.118.58: bytes=32 time=100ms TTL=46". This verifies that you can reach the JapanesePod101 web server. If you don't get a reply to your ping (i.e. you get messages saying that it timed out), then you have some kind of routing problem.

Assuming you get a reply (I think you will), please try entering this command:-

ping japanesepod101.com

The first line that you'll see after entering the command should look something like this:-

Pinging japanesepod101.com [50.97.118.58] with 32 bytes of data:

I'm guessing that you'll see a different IP address to the one shown above (50.97.118.58) and that you'll see time-out messages instead of replies. If so, that would indicate you have a problem with DNS.

Can you let us know what results you get?

マイケル

Note: edited to remove 'http://' from in front of the server name.
Last edited by mmmason8967 on February 14th, 2013 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Get 40% OFF
community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » February 14th, 2013 8:09 am

melodrameric-san, マイケルsan,
kon'nichiwa!
Thank you very much for your kind help, マイケルsan!! :D
While melodrameric-san would try out マイケルsan's suggestions, I'll talk to our technical team about this issue.
We're very sorry for the problems you're experiencing :(
Please let us know if the above steps worked for you!
Thank you very much for your patience!!

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » February 19th, 2013 6:37 am

HI melodrameric-san,
Are you still experiencing trouble after trying the steps that マイケル-san listed?
Please let us know!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Return to “Technical Support”