Or sign up using Facebook

'My Level' setting in dashboard changes

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

javart6458
New in Town

'My Level' setting in dashboard changes

Postby javart6458 » January 24th, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi!

A small glitch here (bit annoying though). I keep changing the 'My Level' setting in the dashboard page to 'Beginner' and when I come back to the page after a day or so it is marked as "Absolute Beginner". I change it and the next day same thing happens. Let me know if this can be fixed.

Best regards,

Javier

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Re: 'My Level' setting in dashboard changes

Postby mmmason8967 » January 24th, 2013 6:34 pm

Try clicking on My Account at the top of the page. You can set your current level in the 'Learner Profile' section and then click the Save Profile button.

You'll probably find that your current level is set to 'Absolute Beginner'; I think your Dashboard picks up your level from your profile.

マイケル

Get 40% OFF
javart6458
New in Town

Postby javart6458 » January 24th, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi マイケル,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Actually, the level in my profile has been always "Beginner".
I've just checked again now and the level in the dashboard has turned again to Absolute Beginner... even though I did set it to Beginner this morning.
The annoying thing is that I do follow some specific seasons in the beginner level and these won't show up in the dashboard when the level is mysteriously set to 'absolute beginner'. Hope this makes sense for the technical team. It would be great if you could look into it.

Thanks a lot,

Javier

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » January 24th, 2013 9:47 pm

After a bit more playing around, mine seems to work just fine in both directions. That is, if I change my profile then my dashboard changes to match, and if I change my dashboard then my profile gets set too.

Maybe yours has gone a bit wonky. You could try setting your profile to, say, 'Advanced', then log out, log back in, see if it remembers, and then set it back to 'Beginner'. If that doesn't work, it's probably time for the tech support people to go and hit it with a stick. :)

マイケル

javart6458
New in Town

Postby javart6458 » January 24th, 2013 10:34 pm

Ok, I'll give it a try! thanks

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » January 25th, 2013 9:19 am

Javier-san, マイケルsan,
kon'nichiwa :)
Thank you for your help, マイケルsan!
Javier-san, did マイケルsan's way work fine? We're very sorry for irritating troubles... :(
I'll talk to our technical team about your problem, so please let us know how things are now. Thank you very much
for your patience on this issue.

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

javart6458
New in Town

Postby javart6458 » January 25th, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi Natsuko!

I changed it again yesterday in the evening and this morning I'm back to "Absolute Beginnner".
It's a minor glitch, but it would be great if the technical team could look into it.

Thank you!!

Javier

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » January 26th, 2013 6:01 am

Javier-san,
of course it is a problem that has to be solved; I'm very sorry that you're experiencing still the same nasty problem :(
Since it's weekend, our technical team will check only on Monday the earliest, but I assure you that I'll talk to them
as soon as possible and at least the message has been already passed to them. I'm really sorry for taking so much of
your time. We all deeply appreciate your great patience on this issue. Thank you very much!!

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

javart6458
New in Town

Postby javart6458 » January 27th, 2013 2:40 am

Thank you Natsuko :-)
Have a great weekend!

J.

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » January 27th, 2013 6:52 am

Javier-san,
thank you! Have a lovely weekend you too :wink: :flower:

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » January 28th, 2013 2:50 am

Hi Javier,
The tech team has just chcked your account, and in the Dashboard your level is set to Beginner. Can you confirm that it shows up as Beginner on your side as well?
Thank you!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

javart6458
New in Town

Postby javart6458 » January 29th, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi Jessy,

Every time I go back to the website I change the level in the Dashboard from Absolute Beginner to Beginner. They probably saw it after I changed it back (as I just did right now). By the way, the level in my profile is always Beginner.

Cheers,

J.

Jessi

Postby Jessi » January 30th, 2013 3:34 am

Hi Javier,
So to confirm, does it switch back to Absolute Beginner every time you go to the Dashboard, or just after you log out and then log back in again? I assume it is still reverting back to Absolute Beginner even now?
Thanks,
Jessi
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

javart6458
New in Town

Postby javart6458 » January 30th, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi Jessy,

I don't usually log out of my account. Today's situation is a typical example: yesterday morning I opened the page and switched it back to Beginner from Absolute Beginner. Did some work on the Beginner 1 season and not much after that. This morning I came back to my computer (I'm using Chrome on Ubuntu, if that matters), opened the page and it's back to Absolute Beginner.
I won't touch the level for now in case this makes easier to track down the source of the problem.
Hope this helps,

Javier.

Jessi

Postby Jessi » January 31st, 2013 1:38 am

Hi Javier,
Thanks for the information.
Can you try using a different browser/computer/OS to see if the same thing happens?
Also, can you try deleting the cache and cookies from your browser, and trying it again?

Thank you!

Return to “Technical Support”