Or sign up using Facebook

Download and use Audio Lessons on Android : Partially Solved

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

elyx2930
New in Town

Download and use Audio Lessons on Android : Partially Solved

Postby elyx2930 » April 3rd, 2012 6:28 pm

Hello Everyone!

Looking for information on how to effectively convert/download the premium and personal feeds to my Android phone. the method Im currently trying is using doubletwist (an app that can convert iTunes feeds and music and d/l to an android phone). not at home yet so I can't try the manual process, but so far the phoen app cannot find the premium feeds (the one the begins with itpc).

Has anyone used and had success with doubletwist, and if so, how did you accomplish it?

and if no one has used Doubletwist successfully, re there any other apps that anyone is familiar with that would allow me to access the currently available Feeds for this site? I love the feeds, but currently cannot listen to them when Im traveling on my android.

Edit:
Just solved on my own, to a degree. I'll list the steps in case anyone else wants to get those feeds on their Android. NOTE: I am using the app Beyondpod to stream the feeds, haven't tried them with anything else yet.

1)I went to the page that listed the Audio lessons and broke them down by category (absolute beginner, beginner, etc.). On the title line of each category there is a small set of links you can hover over (one of them being for "RSS" feeds)
2) hover your mouse over the icon for the RSS feed. At the bottom of your browser, it should show the url for that feed (as an example: http://www.japanesepod101.com/category/ ... inner/feed). or you can click the link, and get the url form the new page.
3) enter that url into Beyondpod (select the add a feed option, it gives you a url window at the top)

Now, I also have beyondpod set up to sync with google reader as well, and it worked with this setup. worked Like a charm! i set the max feeds to 30, and currently have all 25 lessons from absolute beginner listed, with the option to d/l or stream.

Oh, and if this has already been covered previously, I apologize. Didn't see it during my search here on the site (hence why I started the thread). But if anyone has any questions about my steps or how to set it up on beyondpod, just let me know. I'm pretty sure that any pod feeder will be able to take the url since its a default http:// url link (different from the itpc:// links on the downloads page on this site)
Get 40% OFF Forever Discount

Return to “Technical Support”