a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

premium feed on iPad help

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Magycmyste
New in Town

premium feed on iPad help

Postby Magycmyste » October 15th, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi! I have been having some trouble listening to my lessons from the premium feed.

I first started listening to the feed with my ipod classic on my way to and from work each day. For some reason, after awhile, if I switched to music in between, all of the lessons would suddenly disappear from my ipod's playlist, and if I tried to sync more, everything would disappear from the playlists (although they were still taking up room on the ipod), and would not reappear until I restored the ipod to its base state. I continued downloading the lessons in the hope of being able to take advantage of them later, but I gave up being able to listen to them on a daily basis. (I did not have the issue of anything disappearing once I removed the podcasts from the ipod.

I recently got an iPad, and I put the podcasts onto that instead.It worked perfectly through the ipod app, and I have been working on catching up again for about the last three weeks. However, earlier this week, ios 5 came out, and I installed it, and the new music app does not appear to have anywhere near the functionality for podcasts that the old ipod one did (does not show which episodes have been played/unplayed, and lists te episodes in alphanumeric order by name, rather than by date).

I thought that maybe it was time to get a dedicated podcast app, and my research led me to install the downcast app. I think I've found the basic feed from there (it's downloading about 60 episodes), but I wanted to set up the premium feed for it. I copied the feed url (the non-itunes one) to set it up and entered my username and password, but when it tried subscribing to the feed, it came up as a new blank podcast without any episodes available to download.

I know the ios 5 issue is probably a new one, but I'm looking for any help or suggestions so that I can listen to my premium feed, preferably on the ipad, and in chronological order.
Get 40% OFF Forever Discount

Return to “Technical Support”