a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Problems with PDF's

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

KeithH
Been Around a Bit

Problems with PDF's

Postby KeithH » August 30th, 2006 4:00 pm

When I try to open some of the PDF's (right now I'm trying to look at the train Survival Phrases) Acrobat gives me an error "Acrobat cannot open blah blah because it is either not a supported file type or the file has been damaged." I've tried several files from this series to the same effect. I'm running Acrobat 7.0 (full version, not the reader). Any suggestions? I've had this problem before, and got frustrated, so I haven't tried to view the PDF's in a while.

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Re: Problems with PDF's

Postby Bueller_007 » August 31st, 2006 4:10 am

KeithH wrote:When I try to open some of the PDF's (right now I'm trying to look at the train Survival Phrases) Acrobat gives me an error "Acrobat cannot open blah blah because it is either not a supported file type or the file has been damaged." I've tried several files from this series to the same effect. I'm running Acrobat 7.0 (full version, not the reader). Any suggestions? I've had this problem before, and got frustrated, so I haven't tried to view the PDF's in a while.

I have no problems with full-version Acrobat 7.0.8 for Mac.

Can you post the exact error message?

Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
KeithH
Been Around a Bit

Postby KeithH » August 31st, 2006 2:51 pm

Sure, here's a screenshot of the image.

It's not happening with every PDF. The files I downloaded yesterday were only 13K and they were all the same size. Today, I downloaded them again and they're over 100K. So, I don't know if the problem was on the server or on my client, but with these files at least, they're working now.

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » August 31st, 2006 5:48 pm

KeithH-san,

The error below is typically indicative of a corrupted/incomplete download. When it happens, you should try downloading the file (Right Click - Save As). Glad things are working better for you now.

Eran
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Return to “Technical Support”