Or sign up using Facebook

Update status of Flashcards Beta request

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Carltonbfc
New in Town

Update status of Flashcards Beta request

Postby Carltonbfc » June 13th, 2011 5:55 pm

Hello!

As I'm sure you know, there are many problems with the new Flashcard system. For me, I review many of the older past lessons and 'MOST' of the vocaubulary flashcards in the practice section will not load into a deck. What is the current status of the problems? I use japanesepod101 extensively to learn japanese and I am a premium member, but this is a significant interruption for many who use the practice material. I would appreciate some communication or feedback. Might I suggest a roll back to the original flashcard system (for the lesson practice section) until the new programming is ready. Good luck!

Carlton

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » June 14th, 2011 8:44 am

Hi Carlton,
Thanks for posting!
I just want to let you know that the technical team is aware of the issues with the flashcards and are working on rolling out fixes as we speak. Once I hear something concrete from them I will let you and everyone else know.
Thank you for your patience :ue:
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Carltonbfc
New in Town

STILL PROBLEMS WITH FLASHCARDS?

Postby Carltonbfc » July 12th, 2011 6:33 am

Hi,

Still working on it? Currently I am working on Beginner Season 5 lesson 20 and the words won't populate in flashcards.
Also, in general I don't seem to be able to save any different configurations for the back/ front of the card.
I hope that you there are aware of these issues and are taking steps to solve them. Flashcards use to be a big part of my study routine..
Ganbatte ne.

Carlton

Gwaeron76
New in Town

Unable to see flash card decks

Postby Gwaeron76 » August 13th, 2011 4:39 pm

I had three flash card decks set up and now I don't see them. My stats were also gone. I saw above that tech sppt is working on this feature so this is just fyi. Site looks great keep up the good work.

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » August 15th, 2011 4:45 pm

I wish they would give us an update. It doesn't seem, however, that they are interested in that.

Jessi

Postby Jessi » August 16th, 2011 12:40 am

We have just rolled out version 2.0 of our Flashcards, where we have made a lot of changes and fixed a lot of bugs. There may still be some things that need to be worked out: please post all bugs and issues here. Thank you!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » August 16th, 2011 1:56 pm

Thanks Jessi. Would you be able to give us any details about any of the functionality? Does it automatically add new words from our word bank etc?

Jessi

Postby Jessi » August 17th, 2011 5:53 am

Hi KingDog,

The biggest thing that changed with v2.0 was the different study modes, where you can choose what is displayed on the front and back of each card. There are now 5 different study modes: 3 for recognition practice, a for production practice, and 1 for listening comprehension practice. The way new flashcard decks are created as also been changed - it is now much easier to create decks from existing lesson vocabulary and the core word lists.

The ability to automatically sync words from My WordBank and the flashcards is one that has been brought up and talked about, but because it is a complicated feature to implement, it has not been included in this version, but it is being looked into and we hope to offer it soon in a future version. :)

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » August 17th, 2011 9:27 pm

Ahh that's to bad. Will we be able to add cards to an already built flashcard deck? :)

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » August 17th, 2011 9:31 pm

Never mind...looks like we can do that manually already.

Return to “Technical Support”