a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Flashcard System doesn't show the words from my Word Bank

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Flashcard System doesn't show the words from my Word Bank

Postby KingDog » June 1st, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm liking the idea of the new flashcard system, but it's not showing any of the words from my current Word Bank. It seems to populate with random Japanese?

verhoenic
New in Town

Postby verhoenic » June 2nd, 2011 7:16 am

Same for me.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » June 3rd, 2011 12:20 am

Thanks for posting!
Please let us know the steps you are taking, and what page you are looking at. It will help us to have more information :)
Are you referring to the page that comes up after you click Make a New Deck?
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

verhoenic
New in Town

Postby verhoenic » June 3rd, 2011 4:16 am

OK let me explain in more details.

The problem started just after the update.
At first, I went to "my word bank" and clicked on "Add All Words to My Flashcards ".
This operation worked.
Since the wordbank was getting big with time, I decided to save some of my oldest words of the wordbank into a deck that I named "group1".
After that I deleted some of my word bank words, and added some new words. The problem is, when I click again on "Add All Words to My Flashcards", it does not make any "wordbank" deck or any new deck.
I was thinking maybe if I remove the deck "group1", I might be able to obtain my wordbank deck. In that case I would lose my former words which I wanted to save somewhere to check them from time to time.

I don't know if I was clear enough. I'm not a native English speaker.
Thanks for helping, the flashcards are very usefull to me

Nicolas.

mmm05w8345
New in Town

Same Problem

Postby mmm05w8345 » June 3rd, 2011 8:26 am

I am also having the same problem. When i try to make a flashcard deck from my word bank by clicking on the Add all words in word bank to flashcards, it takes me to the flashcards screen, but there is no deck with words from my word bank.

Blippy
New in Town

Postby Blippy » June 3rd, 2011 8:05 pm

Yep, I am getting the same problems :)

Also, clicking on Vocabulary Flashcards in a lesson only takes me to the new flashcard landing page, I see no way of importing the new vocab from a lesson into flashcards. I can import them to the word bank ok, but then as described above, don't see a way of transferring from the word bank into a flash card deck. When creating a new deck, I see a choice of a bazillion random words that I can use, none of which have anything to do with my word bank or the lesson vocab I'd like to use.
Oh, and the flashcards don't show the kana-option text, it just says #{kana} instead.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to using the new flashcards, they look like a supercool and very useful feature!

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » June 6th, 2011 5:39 pm

Any progress on this?

I'd like to start reviewing flashcards again but I can't make a deck until it imports the words from my Word Bank.

kabukiinjapan5529
New in Town

Postby kabukiinjapan5529 » June 12th, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi,
first of all my first impression of Japanesepod101 is really, really good (and I have seen quite a few Japanese language sites already).
Moreover, this ability of transfering vocabulary to flashcard seems amazing yet.... I encounter the same issue -_-(impossible to transfer word bank into flashcards).

I hope you can solve the issue as I know this would be a clear advantage to finish preparing the N3 exam in 3 weeks...
Thanks for the job you've done already and for your support,
Nicolas

Jessi

Postby Jessi » June 14th, 2011 8:46 am

Hi everyone,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and reporting issues! I just want to let you all know that we have been watching these threads closely, so the technical team is aware of the issues and is working on rolling out fixes for them. I hope to have some good news for you soon.
Thank you all for your patience! :ue:
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

KingDog
Been Around a Bit

Postby KingDog » June 17th, 2011 12:04 am

Thanks for the updates. I noticed that it's starting to come together now. My flashcards are closer to my Word Bank now. Although I have around 650 words in my Word Bank and my flash card set shows around 450.

Do you know if words that are added to my Word Bank will automatically be added to my Word Bank flashcards? That would be awesome if they were.

Jessi

Postby Jessi » June 17th, 2011 12:29 am

Hi everyone,
The new flashcards have been fixed and you will now be able to create decks from your WordBank again. If anyone is continuing to experience problems, please let us know!

I would also like to let you know that we are currently working on v2.0 of the new flashcards which will be unveiled in a couple of weeks, which will address a lot of reported issues as well as improve usability overall. :D

Return to “Technical Support”