a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Line-By-Line Transcript

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

wajima
New in Town

Line-By-Line Transcript

Postby wajima » March 2nd, 2011 3:54 am

I am a premium member, using a Mac, OS X Version 10.4.11, and have been very pleased with the features offered under this subscription plan. However, recently none of the audio features listed under “review”, i.e., Line-By-Line Transcript, Vocabulary List with Audio and, Expansion with Audio are working. All other audio features do work. The strange thing is that while the audio does not work when using the “Vocabulary List with Audio" feature; if I select a word from that list and add it to My Word Bank, it works just fine in that feature. I have seen and tried all the suggested fixes found in your Help Section under Technical Questions, and none of them have worked. I would really like to get this problem fixed as my subscription is up for renewal soon, and if feel these review features are such valuable learning tools. Please help!

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » March 4th, 2011 3:47 am

Hello wajima-san,
Thank you for posting and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the audio.

Can I ask what browser you are using?
Please try clearing your cache and deleting the cookies of your browser, and see if that works.
If you are still having problems, please post again :ue:
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
chris666
Been Around a Bit

Line by line audio, OSX Safari

Postby chris666 » April 12th, 2011 5:10 am

Hi,

I made some tests. Using Google Chrome, line by line audio works fine. So, it seems that its an issue in the Javascript implementation of Safari. The playback icon changes to the 'pause playback' icon, but nothing happens.

Every other sound works fine in Safari (e.g. Kana chart, vocabulary list).

Return to “Technical Support”