Or sign up using Facebook

cannot add premium feed to android mobile

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

gooseudon1
New in Town

cannot add premium feed to android mobile

Postby gooseudon1 » January 6th, 2011 5:15 am

Hi Japanesepod101,

I have just bought a new android phone and have been trying for several days, trying to on different apps,
such as beyondpod, google listen, double twist, doggcatcher.

The best that I have got so far is the doggcatcher that allows me to add RSS Url (http://www.Japanesepod101.com/feed.xml).
I believe this is the public feed... also does not allow me to download pdf files.

I am a premium subscriber so I hope that i could set my own preferences under the premium feed with username and password....

Please help !! :shock: :cry:

psz01
Been Around a Bit

Postby psz01 » March 20th, 2011 12:19 am

BeoyndPod works fine with Premium/MyFeed

Just make sure, when setting up the feed, to go into the Advanced options (all the way at the bottom), and putting in your user name and password (Same for any PodCatcher, really: Just make sure to provide your login info)

I've been using JapanesePod on Android for well over a year ;->

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
roncampbell1601
New in Town

Can't get the premium feed to work either.

Postby roncampbell1601 » June 14th, 2011 11:46 pm

I am in the same situation as the original author. I am trying, without success, to get the premium feed to my android phone.

Basic question... where is the premium feed? (Yes, I am a paid subscriber.) But can someone recommend an application for Android and a xml address for the paid feed?

Thanks

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » June 15th, 2011 12:31 am

Hello Ron,
Here is the xml address for the Premium Feed: itpc://www.japanesepod101.com/premium_feed/feed.xml
(taken from this page: http://www.japanesepod101.com/basic-pre ... cast-feed/)

Have you tried the BeyondPod application that the user aboves mentions? It sounds like they have had success using it on their Android, so I would recommend giving it a try :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

roncampbell1601
New in Town

Postby roncampbell1601 » June 15th, 2011 5:10 am

Jessi- thanks for the help. None of the pod-catchers I tried would take an address unless it started with http://, so I had to change that. But otherwise I could get the episode (if not the premium material) to my android phone.

Still looking for something like itunes for android.

Thanks again

boku1571
Been Around a Bit

Postby boku1571 » August 25th, 2011 1:50 pm

I use DoggCatcher and have for a while. It works perfectly for my Custom feed, and should work fine for the Premium feed. If you have ANY questions just ask! Also, they have recently added a User Playlist feature which makes preparing a lesson plan for the morning walk/jog much easier.

Return to “Technical Support”