a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

why and how of hotes readable on iphone/ipod

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

prgee
New in Town

why and how of hotes readable on iphone/ipod

Postby prgee » September 9th, 2010 5:55 am

for iphone questions, it is said to read first. But what to read? Forgive my stupid question.

I have another question here:

Dear Sirs,

I have free account and jail-brocken iPhone.
1. Will I be able to see lesson notes on it?
Or basic or premium account is needed to see lesson notes on iPhone?
2. even with free account it seems some very few lessons came with lesson notes readable on ipod nano. So does some podcasts come with lesson notes even for free account users? or is it gadget problem?

Thanks in advance for your reply for these 2 questions,

Regards.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » September 14th, 2010 2:24 am

Hello prgee-san,
You must have a Basic or Premium subscription in order to download and view the Lesson Notes PDFs, so if you only have a Free account, you will not be able to view them. (Only the PDFs for the first 3 Introduction lessons are available free on iTunes as a sample)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
prgee
New in Town

will other phones allow to see the text for free account usr

Postby prgee » September 28th, 2010 1:49 pm

Thank you for your reply. I have another technical question. Ipod nano allowed me to see transcripts or notes or whatever, by pushing the center button.

If I decide to have an android phone, will the situation be the same for free account users? Will android phones, like Samsung galaxy, allow to see the the little text that comes if with iPod?

psz01
Been Around a Bit

Postby psz01 » October 3rd, 2010 1:15 pm

The Free Subscription is based on your account, not the device.... So you'd still not be able to read the Lesson Notes.

You would need to upgrade to a Basic or Premium account to read them, regardless of the device (iPod, Computer, Android, etc)

As for getting the transcript.... On any iPod/iPad/iPhone, hitting the center picture will bring up the lessons notes. These are, technically, the "lyrics" to the lesson.

On Android, I haven't found a music player or PodCatcher that will display the lyrics, so as of right now, there's no way to see them on Android (Unless someone else has found an app...)

prgee
New in Town

Postby prgee » October 16th, 2010 10:02 pm

Thank you for the answer. Exactly that is what i needed to know.

tulgapod101
New in Town

Will Samsung Galaxy show lesson notes as ipodtouch does?

Postby tulgapod101 » September 29th, 2011 4:43 am

after a year since first question, i want to ask similar question. Ipod touch is great in that it shows lesson notes when one touches the screen, though i have free account.

Now when i listen podcasts, maybe old or new podcasts, i hear words like, "if you have 3 g phone tap the screen and will see lesson notes".

So does it mean, any 3G phone (Android, whatever) or only 3G Iphone?

Will Samsung Galaxy show LESSON NOTES as Ipodtouch does for FREE ACCOUNT users?

Qichen3vt4128
New in Town

Postby Qichen3vt4128 » December 11th, 2011 7:58 am

I have iphone4 and basic membership. When I click on the lesson picture, notes do not show up. I have to use the download mp3 to listen. How to open the notes while listening?

Return to “Technical Support”