a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Unable to Set Up MyFeed (Mac OS X)

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Matsuiichi
New in Town

Unable to Set Up MyFeed (Mac OS X)

Postby Matsuiichi » November 17th, 2008 3:48 am

I have tried to follow the tutorial on how to set up MyFeed (the video tutorial) so I should just be able to click on the link and it should set it up in iTunes. However, I always get this error:

There was a problem downloading "[website link]". An unknown error occured (-50).

Please check that the URL is correct and the connection to the network is active and try again.

Is anyone else getting this error? It's frustrating that I can't get it to work and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to fix the problem.

My network connection is fine, I can access the internet, so it's confusing as to why there's a problem here.

Thanks. :)

Matsuiichi
New in Town

Postby Matsuiichi » November 19th, 2008 12:25 pm

Just an update on this: I have tried the other feeds, and the only ones giving me problems are those that require a password. I can access the Sample Feed, but I can't access Basic Feed, Premium Feed, or My Feed at all.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
nilfisq
Been Around a Bit

Postby nilfisq » November 19th, 2008 6:51 pm

Maybe a silly question, but did you sign up for a Premium membership?
I work on a Mac(book) as well and do not have any problems wit MyFeed.

Matsuiichi
New in Town

Postby Matsuiichi » November 19th, 2008 11:54 pm

Hehe, no question is a silly question. But yes, I have signed up for a premium membership.

Actually, last night, I did some prodding around and I solved the problem---when I would get the error message, I just did a ctrl-click "Update Podcast" and everything showed up. And, I've been error free since.

Sorry about the trouble. I fixed the problem---though I don't really know what the problem was. :P

Return to “Technical Support”