a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

iPhone app is terrible

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

dengmeimei
New in Town

iPhone app is terrible

Postby dengmeimei » September 30th, 2008 8:22 pm

The iPhone app is really terrible. It doesn't even work!

Outright non-functioning items:

- Twice it crashed and erased my saved word banks
- It doesn't update words daily! The 10 words it started out with are still the only ten it will give me!

Design/Usability flaws:

- It claims "10 words a day is 3650 a year" but since they don't do flashcards and instead do "match up" how is the user supposed to use the program when it has 3650 words loaded into it one year later?

I really want my money back...

glennisd
New in Town

can't get it to work at all...

Postby glennisd » October 2nd, 2008 10:46 pm

it loads into my itunes but won't load into my iphone- says its not authorized....no problem with other apps...help or $ back please..

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Re: iPhone app is terrible

Postby Jason » October 15th, 2008 5:16 pm

dengmeimei wrote:The iPhone app is really terrible. It doesn't even work!

Outright non-functioning items:

- Twice it crashed and erased my saved word banks
- It doesn't update words daily! The 10 words it started out with are still the only ten it will give me!

For anyone experience stability issues, please be sure you've updated iTunes to version 8.0 or higher and the iPhone software to version 2.1. The iPhone software update is especially important as it fixes some stability issues in Apple's software that can cause 3rd party apps like ours to crash. This combination of iTunes 8, iPhone 2.1, and MyWords 1.1 has been rock solid for us.

We have had some issues with word lists not updating. This should be fixed now.

dengmeimei wrote:Design/Usability flaws:

- It claims "10 words a day is 3650 a year" but since they don't do flashcards and instead do "match up" how is the user supposed to use the program when it has 3650 words loaded into it one year later?

I really want my money back...

MyWords is a vocabulary builder, not a dictionary or reference program. The word bank is primarily meant to be a place that you store words of particular interest to you and/or are particularly difficult for you temporarily until you get them down. It's not intended for someone to keep every single word there forever and ever. That's simply not its purpose. It's there for short term review.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Re: can't get it to work at all...

Postby Jason » October 15th, 2008 5:18 pm

glennisd wrote:it loads into my itunes but won't load into my iphone- says its not authorized....no problem with other apps...help or $ back please..

Not sure how this happened, but it should be easy to fix. In the Applications section of iTunes, double click on the MyWords icon. This should pop up a box asking you to enter your iTunes store username and password. After you do that, the app should be authorized and you should be able to sync it to your iPhone.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Return to “Technical Support”