Or sign up using Facebook

viewing PDFs on iPhone?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

JohnnyGo69
New in Town

viewing PDFs on iPhone?

Postby JohnnyGo69 » September 7th, 2008 4:41 pm

Hi!

I just want to know where to look or what to do if I want to check the pdf on my iPhone.

Thank you

MichaelMcDonald
Been Around a Bit

Postby MichaelMcDonald » September 8th, 2008 6:57 am

I think without 'jailbreaking' the iPhone, the only way is to go to the website and click on the link for the .pdf there. It downloads pretty fast and looks good when you tilt the phone sideways, and you can double-tap it to zoom in and out. Adding the .pdf through iTunes doesn't seem to work at the moment. There was another thread a while ago where someone mentioned this, I think.

M.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
JohnnyGo69
New in Town

Postby JohnnyGo69 » September 8th, 2008 2:19 pm

and if I jailbreak my iphone, how can I put them in the phone?

Foniks
New in Town

Postby Foniks » September 8th, 2008 3:15 pm

There are apps from the Apps store that will allow you to do the same without having to jailbreak it. Have a look into something like Datacase (although I find it a bit buggy) - it'll let you transfer the file across to the iPhone via FTP and you can view it later with (relative) ease. There are a few apps like this in the store.

nichatha
New in Town

Postby nichatha » October 22nd, 2008 8:18 am

you can find Air sharing from the Apps store.
Air Sharing lets you view files of many types including:

* iWork (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote), at full resolution if you save them with a preview. Here's what a Pages document looks like on screen:
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), with limited support for XML formats. Here's an Excel worksheet:
* Web Archive (web-page downloads packaged by Safari) are particularly cool because links (such as Country List and World Factbook Home in the picture below) are live and display the appropriate page right in the Air Sharing application when you tap them.
* PDF
* Web page
* HTML
* RTF (Rich Text Format)
* RTFD (TextEdit documents with embedded images)
* Source code (C/C++, Objective C/C++, C#, Java, Javascript, XML, shell scripts Perl, Ruby, Python, and more), with color-coded formatting
* Movie (standard iPhone formats: H.264, MPEG-4, 3GPP, etc.)
* Audio (standard iPhone formats: MP3 VBR, AAC, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, CAF, etc.)
* Image (standard iPhone formats: GIF, PNG, JPG, TIFF, etc.)
* Plain text (many different file extensions), with Unicode support.

Return to “Technical Support”