Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Oh no...The new flash card app doesnt work with my wordbank!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

ivadas
New in Town

Oh no...The new flash card app doesnt work with my wordbank!

Postby ivadas » August 21st, 2008 8:16 am

The new Flash Card application is Broken!!! :(

The new Flash Card application works within the lessons, but is unusable with my word bank. I mostly use JapanesePod101 for the flash cards with my own word bank to focus on what I need to study. Please if you are going to change a feature on JapanesePod101.com have a link to the old version unless you have beta tested it. Much like MSN Hotmail; where you can use the classic version if you have trouble with the new version.

And where is the random (kanji, kana, English) feature you had before? With the exception of the audio the flash cards seem to have gone backwards in design.

Please I love this sight………….use basic design rules for making new content…

Make a goal………in this case; Easy and Useful Flash Cards

Make an list of feature the application should do………link to word bank, have audio, easy to read ………….(not too small…..AKA…2 side by side flash card windows is too small for learning Kanji. Kanji needs to be seen large to understand all the strokes)

Alpha test the application to make sure all the features work.

And then if all the features work;

Beta Test………ask your users to try the new application and take feed back

Use feedback to make the final application.

I would be happy to Beta test for you and so would many JapanesePod101 members.

Thank you

Ian

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » August 28th, 2008 2:31 am

Ian-san,

Apologies for the late response. We are still working out some kinks associated with our recent move to a new datacenter and architecture.

I just sent an email response to the email you sent.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Eran
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
JDinJapan
New in Town

Postby JDinJapan » September 21st, 2008 10:12 pm

I am now having this problem too, in addition to not being able to access the flash cards from the "Learning Center" page. It's amazing how much I've already come to rely on those flashcards for studying! My tutor will be disappointed in me on Tues. when my vocab progress isn't as good as last time. :cry:

Kasurot
New in Town

Postby Kasurot » October 1st, 2008 2:09 pm

I'm currently having the same problem. It seems to be entirely dependent on which lesson you try to access the flash cards for. The ones that will work load extremely fast, the others not at all even if you try multiple times. Also, browsing the rest of the website does not work while it's try to load vocabulary flashcards that don't work.

Error: "SQL Error: 2006 MySQL Server has gone away"

Line : 109
File : page_header.php

Return to “Technical Support”