Or sign up using Facebook

My Feed : Upper Intermediate Lesson

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

lamanalex
New in Town

My Feed : Upper Intermediate Lesson

Postby lamanalex » July 31st, 2008 4:15 am

Hi,
Not sure why My Feed for Upper intermediate lesson didn't update. What can I do?
The lastest lesson " The First Big Step 3" didn't download automatically.
Thanks a lot!
Kathy

sashimidimsum7250
Expert on Something

Postby sashimidimsum7250 » August 7th, 2008 9:36 pm

You need to subscribe again, because that lesson is under another category. I had to do that. It's a pain, but oh well.

It pains me to say this, I think that when they came up with My Feed function, future expansion wasn't thought of carefully. So if you thought you were getting all Upper Intermediate Lessons when you subscribed, well guess again, you're going to have subscribe for each season that's released in the future.

In my opinion, the "seasons" should have been set up as sub-categories. So if I wanted all Upper Intermediate, that means I want ALL seasons . But If I wanted to specify a certain season, I would be able to do that too.

I hope they enhance this function. Having so many My Feed subscriptions is getting to be a bit unweildy.
Last edited by sashimidimsum7250 on August 8th, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
お茶漬け海苔

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Hiroko
Been Around a Bit

Thank you!

Postby Hiroko » August 8th, 2008 1:26 am

lamanalex san> Is your problem fixed? If it's not, could you please try create a new my feed for upper intermediate season 2? Thank you :D

ochazuke> Thank you for your honest insights! Appreciate it! Will share it with the team and work on a better system
:D

sashimidimsum7250
Expert on Something

Postby sashimidimsum7250 » August 8th, 2008 1:42 am

Hiroko-san,

Thanks for the reply. If I may be so bold to suggest a possible method for an "enhancement" implementation. If I were to implement this feature, I would only allow ONE My Feed per user. You only need one if it can be edited or updated at will. My suggestion is that instead of dynamically generating a url each time, that you simply assign a unique URL to each user which will be their own My Feed url and never change. Save this URL to database or somewhere were you can assign it to user, along with the information of what types of lessons the user wants. Then come up with an interface that allows a user to see what kind of lessons their My Feed is currently getting. From this interface the user should to be able to add or delete lesson types at will. Since the URL assigned to that user will stay the same, there is no need for the user to continually subscribe or re-subscribe to additional feeds. Their aggregator (ie. iTunes) will automatically retrieve the additional lessons or stop retrieving lessons that the user doesn't want anymore.
お茶漬け海苔

Return to “Technical Support”