a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

How to read lesson notes (transcript) on Ipod/MP3 player

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

hairlet
Been Around a Bit

How to read lesson notes (transcript) on Ipod/MP3 player

Postby hairlet » June 21st, 2008 9:27 pm

Until now I have been listening to the podcasts on my mobile phone. But, from reading forum posts, I am starting to believe that listeners can follow the lesson notes and transcripts from their MP3 players.

My question is, what exactly can be viewed, and what is the functionality like?

I am keen to buy a specific MP3 player if this is the case. I think that being able to view these notes and transcripts on the MP3 player whilst listening to the transcripts could certainly help my progression in learning Japanese.

If this is a possibility, could you recommend any MP3 players that would be good for this task? Any of the Apple Ipod range, or something a bit more like a computer - like one of the Archos multimedia devices.

Thanks in advance.

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » June 21st, 2008 10:18 pm

I have a 3rd-gen iPod nano which I absolutely love. A majority of the lessons have some kind of commentary, but there are a few that do not, and still others in which the Japanese comes up as mojibake (nonsense). A nice thing about the new nano is that I can load up video files, including Japanese news podcasts with which to practice.

If you need more features you could look into an iPod touch or a non-apple player, but for my needs as a listening/video device I've been extremely happy with this little thing-- The 8gb version is worth the extra cost.

Just my bias coming through, 'tis all.
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
hairlet
Been Around a Bit

Postby hairlet » June 23rd, 2008 9:10 pm

For a cheaper alternative, I have been looking at the Creative Zen
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-ZEN-8GB-MP3-Player/dp/B000V9IAYS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1214255229&sr=1-3).

Anyone any feedback on whether this is a suitable player for seeing the lesson notes?

tiger
Been Around a Bit

Postby tiger » June 26th, 2008 3:57 am

[quote="Psy"]I have a 3rd-gen iPod nano which I absolutely love. A majority of the lessons have some kind of commentary, but there are a few that do not, and still others in which the Japanese comes up as mojibake (nonsense). A nice thing about the new nano is that I can load up video files, including Japanese news podcasts with which to practice.
[quote]

I've been trying to find out how I can do this on my 5th Gen iPod Video. Can it be done?

Return to “Technical Support”