a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

iTunes and PDF

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

rasseru
New in Town

iTunes and PDF

Postby rasseru » May 9th, 2008 7:38 pm

I am a premium subscriber and I download the everything from the premium feed. Everything downloads correctly except iTunes for some unknown reason will place the pdf file in the wrong directory. Here is a example.

The Audio
My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Podcast\JapanesePod101.com\JapanesePod101.com _ Premium Feed\Upper Intermediate Lesson #17 - Karo.mp3

The PDF File
My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\JapanesePod101.com\JapanesePod101.com _ Premium Feed\Upper Intermediate Lesson #17 - Karo.pdf

Its the same stream just Itunes will not place the pdf with the rest of the podcast files.
Does anyone have a suggestion.

Russell

プチクレア
Established Presence

Postby プチクレア » May 10th, 2008 12:13 pm

Not a suggestion in itself, but I think it's just the way Itunes work (I'm not a computer expert, but I fiddle with iTunes quite a bit). PDF are not native iTunes documents (ie, not music or video), and while you can store them and open them through iTunes, they're technically not registered as podcasts (by the way, you might also notice that all PDFs automatically appear in the iTunes Library category, but the audio podcasts do not until you move them from the podcast section to a playlist).

If you want to move them to the podcast folder in your directory, you will have to manually check every PDF file afterwards to let iTunes know where you've put them... and it will continue putting the new PDFs in the old directory.

It works fine that way; unless you have a pressing reason to change this, I'd advise leaving the PDFs where there are, as moving things in Itunes and then changing all the settings can be time-consuming...

By the way, if you are ever considering moving your podcasts to a new iTunes library, you should know that exporting the podcasts through the "export" command will NOT export the PDFs (as I learned from personal experience). Your best bet is then either to move the whole library (podcasts and everything) by copying the "iTunes library" file, or redownloading everything (as I'm doing right now...)
さっぱり分からない !...

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » May 12th, 2008 10:00 pm

I'm pretty sure this is a percularity of iTunes and unfortunately something not really within our control to change.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Return to “Technical Support”