a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Cannot play video in Quick Ti me

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

jenniferm
New in Town

Cannot play video in Quick Ti me

Postby jenniferm » March 22nd, 2008 3:31 am

I have been trying to view the video in Intermediate lesson 25. After wasting a lot of ime searching the page, and trying to click on everything to find the video, I read the FAQ an discovered that you need Quick Time to view the video. Please allow me to offer some suggestions to improve your site.

1. It would be so helpful if you stated on the lesson page that you need Quick Time to view the video, and also have some kind of a button or link to click on to view the video.
2. Some people, such as myself, cannot use Quick Time. It came loaded on my laptop as part of the multimedia package, and kept opening when I mistakenly hit certain keys on my keyboard. It was so frustrating for me that I finally uninstalled Quick Time. I do not want it back on my laptop. It would be nice to have the option to view the video in another program, such as Windows Media Player. As it stands now, I am totally unable to view the video.

Interestingly enough, I was able to view you video user guide. That was not in Quick Time.

i would really like to watch the video lessons. Hopefully there is some way for me to view them.

Thunderbumble
New in Town

I have quick time

Postby Thunderbumble » March 29th, 2008 12:48 am

I have quicktime and it's not working. Crashes the browser in I.E 7 and Firefox.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » March 29th, 2008 2:09 am

You might want to look at this article. http://cws.internet.com/article/2990-4306.htm
Although, AFIK, it won't play in your browser.

Harv
Established Presence

Re: I have quick time

Postby Harv » March 29th, 2008 9:04 pm

If you dont want quicktime then get VLC or media player classic.

Thunderbumble wrote:I have quicktime and it's not working. Crashes the browser in I.E 7 and Firefox.

It used to happen to me. I upgraded to the latest version of quicktime and it doesnt happen anymore.

Return to “Technical Support”