Or sign up using Facebook

Understanding beginner/newbie

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

selmerdave
New in Town

Understanding beginner/newbie

Postby selmerdave » March 13th, 2008 4:42 am

Hi,

Just joined a few days ago, and let me first say that I think this is a fantastic way to do this (learn a language). So far I think these lessons are very well done and considerably more helpful than the books I have used previously.

I'm having some difficulty understanding the difference between the beginner/newbie lessons, for example lessons 1 of each are quite similar in content and level. I have had a (very) casual approach to Japanese for several years, married to a Japanese woman, and would like to go through this from the beginning to fill in the holes. Should I start with the newbie lessons or beginner lessons? Thanks.

Dave

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » March 13th, 2008 3:35 pm

The newbie lessons cover some of the early topics in the Beginner series, since the Beginner series was created first. I'd go through all of the newbie lessons and study them, and then move on to the Beginner series and just listen to the lessons until you get to something you don't know, and then start studying them. I don't think it's that far in when they start covering verb conjugations, and it could be a good means of review listening to stuff you've already learnt.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
selmerdave
New in Town

Postby selmerdave » March 13th, 2008 4:08 pm

Thanks, that helps.

Dave

Return to “Technical Support”