Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

iTunes: *all* episodes or only the audio at a time?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Betty_Woo
New in Town

iTunes: *all* episodes or only the audio at a time?

Postby Betty_Woo » September 15th, 2007 5:16 pm

I have the premium subscription and I've got everything from Day 1. That's quite a bit of space on my hard drive, so once I archived all the Season 1 Beginner's stuff and a couple of other sections onto a DVD or two, I removed them from the hard drive to make room.

However, the problem is that if I 'iTunes - Preferences - Podcasts - When New Episodes are available', choosing 'download the most recent one' only downloads the audio and not the lesson notes or Kanji Close-Up.

On the other hand, if I choose 'download all', iTunes starts downloading every missing episode, lesson and Kanji Close-Up - including all the episodes and work that I've removed and archived.

This is frustrating since the only real solution I have at the moment is 'download the most recent one' and, every now and then, go back and manually choose to download all the missing lesson segments.

Do you guys know of an Applescript or something that either prevents downloading of episodes according to Release Date (so I can create one to prevent lessons from before my last archived Release Date lesson being re-downloaded)?

Or maybe one that allows the downloading of the last *3* episodes at a time that will cover the audio, Notes and Kanji Close-Up?

Any suggestions?

B.W.
Join by May 6th

Return to “Technical Support”