Or sign up using Facebook

Podcast Timing Problem in iTunes

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Deibido
New in Town

Podcast Timing Problem in iTunes

Postby Deibido » May 2nd, 2007 2:53 pm

Hi,
This week something I found strange with the Premium Feed downloads of some recent podcasts.

Lower Int. #22 and JCC #45 both stopped suddenly on my iPod before the shows finished. The information for the former gives the show length as only 7:20 on both my iPod and computer. The latter is given as 9:18.

When I played the Lower Int. #22 audio on my computer it played the whole show (about 14 mins), with the 'time played' continuing beyond the show length time, and the 'time left to play' showing zero for about the final 7 minutes or so!

I tried downloading this show again, but it also cut off too soon and had the wrong time associated with it, this time 8:32.

Any idea what's happenning?
More importantly is there anything I need to do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,
David.

dianaschnuth
New in Town

Postby dianaschnuth » May 4th, 2007 2:41 am

I don't think the problem is just in the premium feed, as I downloaded several of the Survival Phrases mp3s direct from the website this week and had the same issue. Every mp3 I downloaded this week froze my iPod at a seemingly random point. Once I got my iPod to respond again, I would restart the file and fast-forward past where it had stuck before... and it would stick again.

I wonder if it has something to do with the automatic Golden Week ad insertion? Maybe something got glitchy with that? I hope the problem is found soon, because I leave for Japan on the 15th, and I have to have my Survival Phrases for the plane trip out! :-)

- Diana

Join by May 6th
Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » May 4th, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi David-san / Diane-san,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and apologies for the inconvenience. We removed the Golden Week intro clip from our files in order to try and narrow down the issue. Kindly re-download the episodes that were acting up and see if the issue has been rectified.

Incidentally, I have not been able to re-create the issue on my end. So if this problem persists, please let me know which episodes are not working and the exact steps you're taking to generate these issues. With this additional information, we should be able to narrow down and hopefully squash this issue!

Regards,

Eran
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Deibido
New in Town

Postby Deibido » May 5th, 2007 10:05 am

Hi Eran,
I've re-downloaded the lessons I was having problems with, and tried them on both computer and iPod, and they all played smoothly, as normal.

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond to and fix the issue so promptly.
David.

ilahdus
New in Town

Same problem here

Postby ilahdus » May 9th, 2007 1:48 am

Hi, same happened here. (I posted about it just a second ago to http://www.japanesepod101.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1415 -thread before I noticed this). The problem occurred with all the Golden Week episodes, and I listened everything from beginner to intermediate, plus the audio blog.

Gotta try to re-download the files as soon as I get a chance.

BTW, would be really interesting to find out why this happens, plain curiosity. :) [/url]

makoto2
New in Town

Postby makoto2 » July 28th, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi I am having the same problem with the podcasts containing the Canada promo clip.

Please help me

Thank you

Return to “Technical Support”