a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Goldenweek mp3 advertising

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

Goldenweek mp3 advertising

Postby ShiroiNeko » May 1st, 2007 1:32 pm

I liked the discount for Goldenweek, so I signed up, and began to do some mp3 downloads. To my surprise I found that every single mp3 I downloaded contained a 60 second advertisment for Goldenweek.

Is this section of audio going to "disappear" from my mp3s after Goldenweek is over, or should I wait until next week before I do any more downloads?

I don't mind some advertising, but I would rather not take up too much of my player's space with the same ad, over and over again. ( or have to listen to it, over and over again !! )

botterli
Been Around a Bit

Postby botterli » May 1st, 2007 6:00 pm

And before that, they had added advertisements for this website and the premium content to the start and end of each lesson. This is of course in addition to the references to the web site inside the lesson. Ironically I'm getting the files from the premium feed.

I can't see how anyone already listening to the podcast can be oblivious of the site and its contents. Please stop.

Join by May 6th
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 8th, 2007 4:11 am

botterli wrote:And before that, they had added advertisements for this website and the premium content to the start and end of each lesson. This is of course in addition to the references to the web site inside the lesson. Ironically I'm getting the files from the premium feed.

I can't see how anyone already listening to the podcast can be oblivious of the site and its contents. Please stop.

botterli-san! :roll:

No you stop! :evil: :twisted:

JP101 staff and crew are doing a great job for us (listeners)! :D :)

The Goldenweek ads have end and they don't affect us in anyway :!: :D

Keep up this great work has always JP101 Rules! 8) :wink:

botterli
Been Around a Bit

Postby botterli » May 8th, 2007 6:04 am

Of course they are great, that's why we're all here.

And it appears that the regular advertisements are gone, so I'm happy :D

ilahdus
New in Town

Another problem with the GW ads: iPod jamming

Postby ilahdus » May 9th, 2007 1:42 am

I didn't like the ads myself but for another reason: dunno why, but all the podcasts that contain the ad jam my ipod in the end! The timestamp of the file seems to be something like 1 second before the end of the file, but the system just jams ups totally for a minute or so. I cannot do anything, change podcast, rewind or forward, just nothing but wait. I also miss the whole ending of the podcast, that is, a great deal of vocabulary. Very annoying.

This happens only with the ipod, I can listen the stuff ok on my computer. Weird. And only with the ad recordings, all the recent/older podcasts work fine.

Return to “Technical Support”