Or sign up using Facebook

Vocabulary: Dialog and Print Don't Match

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Tracel
Expert on Something

Vocabulary: Dialog and Print Don't Match

Postby Tracel » February 17th, 2014 2:00 am

Hi Guys,

Not sure where to post this suggestion, so as this is the closest to what I am saying, I chose this thread. It is a minor complaint but it keeps coming up for me while working through the lessons :roll:
As I have been working through the lessons in the intermediate section, I like to look at the list of vocabulary items on the screen or on the PDF when I am listening to the lesson. Frequently, the vocabulary that is being discussed by the voice actors is completely out of sink with the written versions of the lists. This throws me off a bit when trying to follow along in the printed form.

I know that it would be a big nuisance for you to change anything with your present lessons, but if maybe you could keep the written vocab and the spoken vocab coordinated when making up any new lessons, it may make it easier for people like myself to follow along? :oops:

Just a thought.
Take care,
Tracel
ごきげんよう、
トラセル

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Vocabulary: Dialog and Print Don't Match

Postby community.japanese » February 28th, 2014 5:39 am

トラセルさん こんにちは。 :D

Thanks for your feedback! :kokoro:
I've checked Intermediate series #1 and 2 and couldn't find the one you mentioned.
We'll have a further look but could you also post the feedback on the lesson page which you find missing vocabulary?
That'll be the great help.

Thanks as always!

Motoko
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
Tracel
Expert on Something

Postby Tracel » March 1st, 2014 2:54 am

community.japanese wrote:トラセルさん こんにちは。 :D

Thanks for your feedback! :kokoro:
I've checked Intermediate series #1 and 2 and couldn't find the one you mentioned.
We'll have a further look but could you also post the feedback on the lesson page which you find missing vocabulary?
That'll be the great help.

Thanks as always!

Motoko
Team JapanesePod101.com

Thank you for looking Motoko-san. :D I think the problem might be my explanation here :oops: It was difficult to describe what I meant in this post, which doesn't have any good examples mentioned. I have been busy with other things lately so unfortunately haven't been doing much Japanese practice :cry: , but I am planning on putting my energy back into it starting this week.

When I see the problem that I mentioned, then I will post on that lesson page with exact examples, so that you know better what I mean. OK? Please have patience with me, because it may take me a while :wink: .

I hope that all is well with everyone at Japanese Pod 101. :oiwai: お元気でね。
トラセル :blob:
ごきげんよう、
トラセル

sprachenlernen_507730
New in Town

Postby sprachenlernen_507730 » August 31st, 2015 4:20 pm

Hi,

I noticed a mistake with the Samples Sentences & Phrases For 残業:

仕事がたくさんあるので、残業しなくてはいけない。
Shigotoga takusan aru node, zangyō shinakutewa ikenai.
We have a lot of work, so we have to work overtime.

The English and Japanese recordings for those sentences say something different:
"We don't have enough employees, so..." (and in the Japanese version it's using a different form for "have to": shinakareba naranai.

Thx,
Vera

motoko.innovative
Been Around a Bit

Postby motoko.innovative » September 2nd, 2015 11:40 pm

Vera-san konnichiwa,
Thanks for your feedback!
I've reported the issue so it'll be fixed soon.
Thanks again, and stay tuned!
Motoko
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”