a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

NHK ラジオニュース (radio news)

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

kitsu
New in Town

NHK ラジオニュース (radio news)

Postby kitsu » March 13th, 2008 4:23 pm

I just found NHK's online radio news. I can only understand a little (10-25% depending on the topic) but it is still fun to listen to. I don't know how practical it would be, but it would be great if jpod101.com could post transcriptions or vocabulary or something for the daily news. Kind of like advanced lessons, but NHK provides the audio and jpod101.com provides the pdfs :)

You guys would probably need to talk to NHK before you could do this though...

Maybe it would be better for jpod101.com to make their own simple weekly news recap?

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » March 13th, 2008 4:46 pm

While I do agree that it'd be great to see material on J-pod which would ease listeners into understanding such difficult material, it has been suggested before and we haven't seen anything yet. In the meantime, maybe I suggest TBS News? (http://news.tbs.co.jp/) Most of their video clips are fairly short and have word-for-word transcripts.

For me this kind of listening can go either way... on some days I'll catch a fair bit and on others it makes me feel that all of my effort studying has gotten me nowhere. If you feel this way yourself sometimes, just know that you aren't alone. Just persevere. The only way to improve is by doing!

Good luck!
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”