Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

remylapointe2883
New in Town

Kanji training tool I think would be very useful

Postby remylapointe2883 » January 14th, 2014 2:39 am

こんいちわ!
ぼくのなまえわ、レミです。ジャパネセポット101と日本語だいすきです!でも、いま、かんじわとてもとてもむずかしいですよ。
それから、アイデイアがあります。

Ok enough with the japanese! Took me almost 10 minutes to write this and I'm sure it's full of errors :P

Anyway I'm starting to learn Kanji with a book that I purchased and I found that while remembering the characters and how to draw them is fairly simple, the meanings are harder to remember since there are so many! In addition to this, I find it is easier to learn Kanji when you use them in words rather then learning the meanings by heart. I also noticed that the site has a My Kanji Bank feature, but it doesn't go much farther than that except for basic flashcards.

So here is my idea: Let's say I have about 20 Kanji in my bank right now (I'm just beginning). Perhaps the program could look through my Word bank and the Core lists and give me the vocabulary words that contain the Kanji that I know. Then, I could have custom flashcards using only the kanji I know and when I learn more kanji, I can progressively increase my vocabulary aswell. So instead of studying:

大 On: Dai, Tai Kun: oo

The site would teach me new words like:

大会  大きい   大学

I'm sure this would make kanji learning much simpler.

This is truly the only feature I feel the website could really use. I am a newly Premium member and I am astonished at the quality of the material on JPod. Keep up your great work!

レミ

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Kanji training tool I think would be very useful

Postby community.japanese » January 16th, 2014 7:26 am

レミさん、
こんにちは! :D
Thank you very much for the suggestion!
I'll share your post with my team and discuss about better feature :wink:

remylapointe2883 wrote:こんいちわ!
ぼくのなまえわ、レミです。ジャパネセポット101と日本語だいすきです!でも、いま、かんじわとてもとてもむずかしいですよ。
それから、アイデイアがあります。

Ok enough with the japanese! Took me almost 10 minutes to write this and I'm sure it's full of errors :P

Well done!
The most important thing is to try to use what you've learned and then learn from own mistakes! :wink:
Please take a look at the corrections below :D
1. こんいちわ => こんにちは
The final "wa" used to be a particle and the particle "wa" is the special reading for は when it's particle.
So, this leads to....
2. ぼくのなまえわ => ぼくのなまえは

3. ジャパネセポット => ジャパニーズポッド
Katakana words are tricky, aren't they...? :mrgreen:

Natsuko (奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Feature Requests”