a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

More prompting to listener please!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

jwyvp59808
New in Town

More prompting to listener please!

Postby jwyvp59808 » August 9th, 2013 9:41 pm

It would be super super helpful to have the hosts prompt the listener more. The more frequently we practice rattling off in Japanese, and the quicker we can respond to it, the more comfortable we'll be with it :D

Pretty much anything that is discussed(not just the important highlights) should be prompted to the listener to repeat. And even at random times throughout the session earlier things that were covered could be prompted. It could be a "repeat after me..." or a "Listeners, how do you say...". I've seen that you already do this, I just don't think it happens enough.

And even if you can't add these features into the lessons that have already been recorded, you could add lessons to each season that is a more thorough review and gets the Listener to speak more and think more about what they have just learned. Lessons like these could be frequent throughout a season - maybe 8 or so of these lessons added to a 24 lesson season?

Either way, I just don't think that the lessons really get me to practice my speaking as much. I could always practice with a real person, but I'd really really like to practice and perfect the japanese that I'm currently learning.

Thanks
Giuseppe

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: More prompting to listener please!

Postby community.japanese » August 14th, 2013 12:11 pm

Giuseppe-san,
kon'nichiwa!
Thank you very much for suggestions :D
I'll share your post with my team and discuss about it for the future lessons.
Review and practice are very important part of study, and we all acknowlege that.
We'll try our best to find the solution :wink: Thank you very much!

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Feature Requests”