a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Please bring back the progress bars

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

winterpromise31
Been Around a Bit

Please bring back the progress bars

Postby winterpromise31 » June 11th, 2013 10:54 pm

The new website format is interesting. I like having the line by line audio on the lesson page without having to load the PDF.

But please, please bring back the progress bars! My first thought when loading the new website was, "what happened to my progress bars???" I know the individual seasons have progress bars but the overall ones are gone. I really liked the progress bars on the sidebar that show how you're doing overall. To me it was highly motivating to see that I had completed all of the intro lessons, all of the Absolute Beginner lessons, and am making very good progress toward completing the Beginner Lessons. Now I can't even tell what I've completed unless I load the individual seasons. :(

I know it's a minor complaint but to me the lesson tracking is now missing a huge motivator.

Thanks for listening.
Cassandra

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Re: Please bring back the progress bars

Postby mmmason8967 » June 11th, 2013 11:28 pm

I really like the new layout: it's much more concise and to the point, and all the various options seem to be easier to find.

I disagree with Cassandra, though ... the one thing I'm really pleased to see the back of is the progress bars for entire levels! There is now so much material on JapanesePod101 that I think most of us do three or four series at any given level and then move up, which, on the old version of the site, meant you were always seeing progress bars telling you you'd only done half of this level and a third of that level.

In my opinion, the new emphasis is the right one: I want to see my progress with the Japanese language, not my progress in podcast listening endurance! :wink:

マイケル

Get 40% OFF
team.relationships
Expert on Something

Re: Please bring back the progress bars

Postby team.relationships » June 12th, 2013 6:54 am

Hi Cassandraさん and マイケルさん,

Thank you a lot to both of you for taking the time to give us your feedback about the new design.
We are always positive in receiving constructive criticism, so I will forward your thoughts to the correspondent team who take decisions about how to design the structure of our website.

Kind regards,
Mélanie
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Feature Requests”